2049 - 2129 MUSIC and PERFORMING ARTS
- Upper right corner of title-p. torn off (loss of part of the word "Elemens"); occas. sl. foxed; fold. plates w. light brown stain in upper margin. Binding rubbed along extremities.
- Title-p. occas. cut sl. short in lower margin; occas. sl. foxed. = Rare set.
BOUND WITH (in the third vol.): Almanach illustré chronologique, historique, critique et anecdotique de la musique Par un musicien. Year 1 (Paris, 1866, woodengr. ills., scores).
- A good/ fine copy.
AND 1 other: C.M. VON WEBER, Der Freischütz. Piano adapt. by C. Zulehner (Mainz, B. Schott, n.d. (1822), engr. title-p. w. oval vignette, engr. score, contemp. hcalf, obl. 4to. Title-p. soiled and worn along extremities; bookblock loosening; binding worn/ sl. dam.)
- Covers and spine (dust)stained; sl. discoloured and sl. worn.
= Derra de Moroda 1393. Describing 18 famous Russian ballets (i.a. Scheherazade and Le Sacre du Printemps) and great ballet personalities like Nijinsky, Pavlova and Leon Bakst.
AND 2 others: A.L. HASKELL, Baron at the Ballet. Baron Encore (London, 1950/ 1952, 2 vols., (col.) plates, ills., printed in 50 copies specially bound for the author, orig. unif. calf, t.e.g., board chemise. Both copies SIGNED by Baron).
- Sl. foxed throughout; first half w. vague dampstain in lower outer corner. Binding rubbed along extremities and browned.
= Hopkinson 30B.
= Eitner II, 115, 153.
- Covers trifle foxed. = Rare.
AND 1 other: J. BRAHMS, Concerto for Violin, Op.77. A Facsimile of the Holograph Score. Introd. Y. Menuhin (Washington, 1979, orig. gilt boards, obl. 4to. Fine).
- Occas. sl. foxed. = Lowndes I, 325; MGG I,495.
- Good/ fine copy.
= Rare and important work of cinema criticism in 1920s Poland, with fine expressionist frontcover design. See at large K. KUC, Visions of Avant-Garde Film. Polish cinematic experiments from expressionism to constructivism (Bloomington, Indiana Univ. Press, 2016, p.55ff).
- Spine dam.; frontwr. loose(ning) and sl. frayed/ foxed; backwr. and fore-edge sl. waterst.
= Bilderwelt 2655 (later ed.).
AND a (poor) duplicate of the same work in contemp. clothbacked boards.
- Sm. portion of upper outer corner of first free endpaper cut off; later owner's entry on first free endpaper; a few scattered vague pencil marks in blank margin; sm. receding brown stain in outer margin of preliminary leaves. Binding trifle rubbed along extremities.
= Dittersdorf's autobiography as dictated to his son.
= From the library of Wouter Hutschenruijter (owner's entry on first blank).
AND 1 other by the same.
- A few quires in vol.4 sl. bumped in outer upper blank corner. All vols. w. traces of cut out former library tag on frontcover.
WITH the often lacking bibliographical appendix to the work by F. FABER, Documents authentiques et inédits tirés des Archives Generales du Royaume et Biliographie concernant le Théâtre Français en Belgique (ibid., 1880, bound in unif. gilt burgundy hmor.).
- Partly foxed. Spines parlty sl. stained. = Nicely bound set.
- Upper joint sl. rubbed. = Lists 7325 works.
- Repaired tear in first free endpaper. = Rare.
- Lower outer corner sl. fingersoiled throughout; owner's entry on both title-p. of the first work. Frontcovers loose(ning). Good copy.
- Sm. foxed spot in lower blank margin of frontisp.; 2 leaves w. sm. closed tear. Backcover sl. waterstained.
= Attractive binding by ? SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIII.
- Fine copy. = Scarce.