48 - 556 FINE and APPLIED ARTS, ART REFERENCE
= Still in progress. Comprises vol.1-3 and 5-74 (artists A-Hoellwarth); Nachtrag vol.1-4 (A-Casset); and Handbuch.
- Occas. sl. foxed. = Rare.
- Wrappers partly yellowed and sl. foxed.
= Nice pop-art periodical of which 2 more issues were published. Contains contributions by i.a. W. Burroughs, M. Forman, B. Haynes, D. Kozubei, M. Leman, S. Perkett, R. Sandford and C. Smith.
Barbarber 47b. Foto's. Rott., Gemeen Goed Uitgave, 1976, 3 textlvs. and 29 lvs. w. photogr. ills. on recto and verso, printed in 500 copies, loose as issued in orig. paper portfolio, obl. 8vo.
- Title leaf foxed. Portfolio partly sunned and sl. foxed.
= "Van 1058 tot 1971 bestond het tijdschrift voor teksten Barbarber. Nummer 47 uit 1966 was geheel gevuld met (112) amateurfoto's (kiekjes(. (...) Gemeen Goed Uitgave nummer 3 is gewijd aan de amateurfoto, het is een jubileumuitgave van Barbarber (...)" (introd.). Provenance: the collection of the Dutch artist Gust Romijn (1922-2010).
- Occas. (sl.) foxed; first vol. 27 plates waterstained in lower (outer) margin, affecting images; final 11 plates lower corner/ margin repaired/ strengthened w. paper; 2nd vol. a few plates sl. creased.
= Depicting many public buildings and (industrial) constructions, i.a. (railway) bridges, waterway infrastructure, the Vienna artillery arsenal, the Frankfurt mental institution, various German, French and Austrian palace and church façades, and 5 plates showing the Haarlemmermeer, the sluices at Halfweg and the Cruquius pumping station (4th vol.).
AND the accomp. text vols. for the years 27, 28 and 30 (num. engr. plates/ ills., unif. bound w. the preceding, 4to).
- Lacks issue 62 and 65; most issues lack the orig. wr. Sold as a periodical, not subject to return.
= Interesting periodical with numerous examples of contemporary architecture of residential homes.
- Frontwr. creased/ dogeared.
- Title-p. sl. foxed; some of the plates waterst. in inner blank margin, a few plates sl. waterst. in image. Corners worn; boards sl. duststained.
ADDED: a duplicate of the above (without binding) and ±100 loose 19th cent. architectural engr. (fold.) plates and plans from various works, i.a. Brussels and Ghent.
- Plates foxed in various degrees. Board edges rubbed/ worn.
= The plates are numbered 1-48, but include 3 double-page plates, 1 triple-page plate and three chromolithographed plates each bearing three or two numbers. Plate XXI is replaced by the publisher with number XIbis.
- Without the 'Beilagen'.
AND 4 others, with num. examples of modernist architecture: MONATSHEFTE FÜR BAUKUNST UND STÄDTEBAU. Year 26 (Berlin, 1942, 12 parts in 1 vol., num. ills., contemp. hcl., large 4to); ARCHITECTURE AUJOURD'HUI. No.99, 100, 102 and 106 (Paris, n.d., 4 parts in 1 vol., num. ills., contemp. cl., large 4to); BYGGMÄSTAREN. Tidskrift för Arkitektur och byggnadsteknik. Year 1941 (n.pl., 1941, richly illustr., contemp. hcl., 4to) and BYGGEKUNST. Norske arkitekters tidsskrift for arkitiktur og anvendt kunst. Year 1936 (Oslo, 1936-1937, ills., contemp. cl., 4to).
- Backstrips rubbed and sl. dam.; corners showing. = Richly illustrated architectural survey.
- Most plates (sl.) foxed; plates partly w. waterstain; first issue waterstained throughout. = Rare.
- Sl. foxed, atlas vol. sl. worse (mostly in margins). = Splendid chromolithographic plates.
- Sl. foxed/ browned. Spine rubbed.
La Construction moderne. Journal Hebdomadaire illustré. Second series, year 1. Ed. P. Planat. Ibid., Aulanier & Cie., 1895-1896, 636p., num. ills., contemp. hmor., folio.
- Contents fine. Top of spine split; chafed spots on joints and near top of spine. = Text volume only.
AND 1 other: BERLINER ACHITEKTURWELT. Year 1 (Berlin, 1899, (col.) plates, ills., contemp. hmor. Incomplete, lacks several lvs.).
= Present: year 1935 (complete in 23 issues), year 1937 (23 (of 24) issues, lacks no.12); year 1938 (21 (of 24) issues, lacks no. 17, 19 and 20); year 1939 (11 (of 12) issues, lacks no.6); year 1940 (9 (of 12) issues, lacks no.2, 8 and 10) and year 1941 (10 (of 11) issues, lacks no.1).
AND 30 various duplicate issues of the same periodical.
- Fine copy. = First German edition of "Vers une architecture".
Idem. Städtebau. German transl. by H. Hildebrandt. Berlin/ Leipsic, idem, 1929, 1st German ed., (2),XI,(1),261,(1),(2 advert.)p., large fold. plate, num. ills., orig. cl.
- Fine copy. = First German edition of "Urbanisme".
Idem. The City of To-morrow and its Planning. Transl. from the 8th French Edition of Urbanisme with an introduction by F. Etchells. New York, Payson & Clark, n.d. (1929), 1st Am. ed., XXVII,(1),301,(1)p., num. ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr.
- Frontwr. chipped; backwr. dam. Otherwise a fine and clean copy.
- Sl. dustsoiled; some foxing (mainly on edges, endpapers and margins of covers). Dustwrs. soiled/ (water)stained and partly frayed/ sl. dam.; 2nd vol. (without dustwr.) binding stained and upper joint and spine-ends (sl.) dam.
= 1. Le Corbusier und Pierre Jeanneret. Oeuvre complète de 1910-1929 (1956, 6th ed.); 2. Le Corbusier et Pierre Jeanneret. Oeuvre complète de 1929-1934 (1946, 3rd ed.); 3. Le Corbusier & P. Jeanneret. Oeuvre complète 1934-1938 (1953, 5th ed.); 4. Le Corbusier. Oeuvre complète 1938-1946 (1950, 2nd ed.); 5. Le Corbusier. Oeuvre complète 1946-1952 (1955, 2nd augm. ed.); 6. Le Corbusier et son atelier rue de Sèvres 35. Oeuvre complète 1952-1957 (1957, 1st ed.).