6089 - 6356 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Slightly yellowed; a few sm. wormholes; trifle soiled.
= Likely after John Hill, The Vegetable System (London, 1759-1763). Titled "Common", "White", "Sharp Stonecrop" and "Snowy", "Mountain Hound's Tongue"
- Somewhat yellowed and duststained; w. paper remnants (of former mount?) on verso; probably cut or detached from a passepartout.
= On wove paper.
- Slightly thumbed; 2 tiny closed tears in right margin; upper right corner sl. worn.
= With calligraphed text, figure sketches and the collector's mark of Albert van Loock on verso (Lugt 3751).
= With watermark of "exX DB"
- Some very vague stains and tiny specks.
- Restored hole in lower right corner; foxed in upper part. = Possibly by C.L. Hansen.
- Yellowed; trifle foxed.
- Sl. soiled. = Possibly by J.C. Schotel (1787-1838). On verso a sketch or sketches of ships at sea.
AND 3 others.
= Delicate drawings apparently from a series of views. Titled "L'Hotel de Ville à Haarlem", "Kraken[?] 29 Mai 1838", "Hofrust[?] le 31 Mai 1838" and "Chateau de Muiden 30 Mai 1838". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CIV.
- Numb. "VI" and "VII" in col. pencil on verso, sl. shining through on recto.
AND 1 other drawing (red crayon) of a rose, possibly by the same artist.
= Attractive drawing.
- Doubled; a few foxed spots; w. closed vertical tear in right part.
= Attractive and lively view of the coast with a ship and windmills in the background.
- Small closed tears in lower blank and right blank margin; sl. soiled/ foxed.
- Soiled; w. closed holes and sm. tears.
= Curious drawing after an engraving(?). After the ceiling fresco in an Egyptian themed room in the Vatican museum.
= View of Chamonix and the Mont Blanc.
- One sm. rubbed spot and one sm. closed tear; on verso an unfinished drawing by the same artist.