5457 - 5633 FINE ARTS - FOREIGN TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS and VIEWS
- Apart from some defects, all fine.
= I.a. (published) by J. Perthes, C. Flemming. A. Brué and A.H. Kohler and C.V. Monin.
- A part from some defects, all fine. = I.a. (published) by F.A. Brockhaus, Grattan & Gilbert and Sherwood, Neely & Jones.
- Lacks the maps of Europe and France, called for on the spine; all sl. yellowed and foxed and w. offsetting. Box lacks the top of the lid.
= Rare. Contains the following maps: "Carte physique et politique de l'Amerique septentrionale/ (...) l'Amerique meridionale/ (...) l'Asie/ (...) l'Afrique" and "Carte générale du globe terrestre". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXVIII.
- Vertical creases along middle fold; foot of middle fold split in blank margin.
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 7602:2.
ADDED: an engr. view of Budapest: "Offen en Pest" (mounted).
- Partly trifle foxed in outer blank margins.
= Fine views of the Danube, mostly in (the border region of) Romania and Serbia, i.a. Galaţi, Orşova and the Iron Gates. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXVIII.
- A few foxed spots.
= The larger of the 2 editions extended to Cambodja on the right side. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXIX.
- Tiny pinhole and some vague offsetting in centre; fold in blank margin in upper right corner.
- A few marginal tears; sl. yellowed; trifle waterst. in outer blank margins.
AND 1 similar map by I.B. HOMANN: "Comitatus Hannoniae in suas quasque Castellanias Balliviatus Praefecturas et Territoria".
- Tear in lower margin just affecting the image; trifle yellowed; middle fold strengthened on verso.
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman I, 3320:1B.1.
"Comitatus Flandriae in omnes ejusdem subjacentes Ditiones (...)". Contemp. handcol. engr. map w. cartouche, 48x57,5 cm., Nürnb., J.B. Homann, ±1735 (vaguely waterst.). - AND a lithogr. plan of the battle of Eeckeren.
- Yellowed; spiner-ends splitting. = After Koeman II, 408.
"Comté de Flandre". Engr. map w. contemp. handcol. borders, large dec. cartouche, 48x61,5 cm., Paris, R. de Vaugondy, 1752 (oblique fold; vaguely waterst. near lower edge). - AND 1 other engr. map: "Description des Gaules Celtique et Belgique".
- Browned; sl. worn along middle fold; pinholes in corners blank margins.
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman I, 9850:1.1. Map of Eastern Brazil with detail confined to the coastlines and oriented with north to the right of the chart. The interior is filled with small vignettes of indigenous animals and native scenes including cannibalism.
- A few foxed spots; nevertheles fine.
- Middle fold splitting at lower end; a few sm. tears in blank margins.
= Attractive view of the taking by the Dutch of the Portuguese fort at the mouth of Rio-Grande (present-day Natal).
AND 1 other (uncol.) from the same work: "'t Neemen van de Suyker Prysen in de Bayde Tode los Santos. Anno 1627".
- A few sm. foxed spots; sl. overall yellowing; blank corners sl. worn. = Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXIX.
= From Le Nouveau et Curieux Atlas Geographique et Historique (...) by Jacques Chiquet.
- Slightly wrinkled in upper edges; overall in fine condition.
= The second state, after the addition of plate numbers to the maps. Famous celestial map, in which the pagan and zodiacal signs and names tradtionally used for the naming of constellations are replaced by Christian names and symbols. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXX.
- A fine copy, middle fold flattened and only a few foxed spots.
= Showing the coastal situation from southern England to The Gambia. Koeman IV, p.394 . SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXX.