5457 - 5633 FINE ARTS - FOREIGN TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS and VIEWS
- Trifle yellowed; closed tear in right margin of map; two horizontal old false folds. Slipcase sl. worn along extremities.
- Previously folded, with offsetting from opposite leaf; browned and sl. creased along central fold.
= Detailed map of Asia, extending from the Mediterranean, the Red Sea and the Saudi Arabian Peninsula to Japan, the Philippines and Southeast Asia. The map is centered on India and the Indian Ocean, with explanatory text on either side of the map.
AND 1 other map by ARROWSMITH and BAUCHE: "Asie Centrale" (1804).
- Mediocre copy w. several sl. crude repairs and several creases. Not examined outside frame. = Nice map.
- A few lightbrown stains in left margin, otherwise fine. Slipcase rubbed along extremities.
= Rare map, w. mounted woodengr. title-piece of the publisher Andriveau-Goujon on verso of map.
- Closed tear in lower border (extending into image along central fold); paper restored on verso in blank margin along lower end of central fold. Otherwise a good/ fine copy.
= Decorative map with ships, mermaids and a seamonster showing South East Asia, Japan, China, outer northern part of Australia ("Beach"), West coast of America. Van den Broecke 166; Van der Krogt/ Koeman 8400:31. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXVII.
- Sl. yellowed.
AND 1 other map of the same area: "Part of Asia" (contemp. handcol. engr. map, 39,2x44,5 cm., the righthand leaf only of a map of Asia publ. in Lizars' "The Edinburgh Geographical and Historical Atlas", Edinb., ±1840)
- Both maps formerly rolled.
- Closed tear in right part just touching the outer borderline; middlefold partly strengthened on verso w. sellotape.
= Detailed informative text surrounding the map, listing possessions by country with principle divisions and islands.
= Based on the map by Ptolomaeus, prob. from an early 17th cent. ed. of Magini's Geographiae Universae. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXIV.
= Based on the map by Ptolomaeus, prob. from an early 17th cent. ed. of Magini's Geographiae Universae.
- Sl. yellowed; sl. (dust)soiled; backed w. contemp. paper.
= Attractive map, from Persia to North Australia, focused on Indonesia and the Philippines.