5457 - 5633 FINE ARTS - FOREIGN TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS and VIEWS
- Apart from some defects, all fine. = I.a. (published) by J. Perthes, F. von Stülpnagel and C. Flemming.
- Apart from some defects, all fine.
= I.a. (published) by K. Johnston, G. Philip & Son, Pinnock & Maunder and R. Wilkinson.
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 7540:2.
- Slightly browned; middlefold flattened; otherwise fine.
- Fire damage in both vertical margins w. resulting in browning and loss of a few letter of the legend.
- A few false folds; corners strengthened; brownish traces of former use of tape in margins (used for repairs and/ for fastening on mount).
- Doubled; several dam. spots restored/ closed on verso; folded several times; fingersoiled; creased. Sold w.a.f.
= Koeman-Van der Krogt 1730/I:2A; Keuning/ Donkersloot-de Vrij, Willem Jansz. Blaeu, p.102-103. The 7th state (of 7). Famous map of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, carried out at the expense of Prince Radziwill, Grand Marshall of Lithuania (1549-1616). Various historical and ethnographical details are engraved in this map, which is the earliest accurate printed map of Lithuania and remained so for a long time.
- Sl. brown offsetting. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman I, 9510:1.2.
- Slightly yellowed; nevertheless fine. = Based on the Ptolomaeus map.
- Waterstained throughout; map of Europe torn on folds and frayed along edges. Text is present and appears to be complete.
= Sold as a collection of prints, not subject to return. Sold w.a.f.
- Yellowed and foxed.
= Very rare and decorative chart of the North Sea. Van der Krogt 1, 1:405.5T. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIII.
= Poortman/ Augusteijn 133 GI.
"Landkaart van het Heilige Land en van Syrie". Engr. map by O. LINDEMAN, 2 cartouches and compass rose, 47x2,x38 cm., from R. POCOCKE, Beschryving van het Oosten en van eenige andere landen, 1776 (rare). (Israel). Engr. map w. contemp. handcol. borders, mountains and dunes, 34x49 cm., Paris, Lattré, 1791.
- Slightly yellowed.
AND 2 maps of Palestine and Syria.
- Slightly yellowed; brown offsetting in lower margin. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 9820: 2.1.