3589 - 4774 FINE ARTS - MODERN ART. PRINTS, DRAWINGS, PAINTINGS, CERAMICS and SCULPTURES
- Gluestains and traces of paper on verso.
- Slightly yellowed; occas. foxed spots.
= Comprises: "L'orgueil", "La Luxure", "L'Avarice", "La Paresse", "L'envie", "La Gourmandise" and "La Colère".
- Without the orig. portfolio and text leaf; a few sm. marginal creased and tears; one print waterst. in upper left (blank) corner; the portrait scratched, sl. wrinkled and foxed.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXVI.
- Small piece of paint flaked off.
- Heavily foxed.
= De Groot 120, 2nd (final) state; Boon 116; Van Wisselingh 445 ("Damrak II"), 100 impressions.
AND 3 etchings by A. DERKZEN VAN ANGEREN, all river views with vessels, signed and dated "1919" (2x)/ "1920" in pencil (all sl. browned).
- Margins unevenly browned/ w. offsetting and dustsoiled.
= Scarce. De Groot 78, 2nd state of 2; Boon 80; Van Wisselingh 415.
- Agetoned. = De Groot 113, 6th state (of 6); Boon 110; Van Wisselingh 441.
- Sl./ trifle foxed in margins.
= De Groot 143, 6th state (of 6) as usual (the earlier 5 states not found by De Groot). Published as frontispiece to Willem Kloos, Honderd verzen en Okeanos (Amst., Versluys, 1909).
= De Groot 54, 2nd state (of 2); Boon 52; Van Wisselingh 435 ("Cab onder viaduct"; showing the second state, 1906).
- Blank margins and verso browned. = De Groot 139; Boon 130.
AND 1 other etching by the same, Molenpoort, Wijk bij Duurstede (signed and "No.49" in pencil. De Groot 133).
= De Groot 20, not mentioning this edition, dating ±1885-1886; not in Boon and Van Wisselingh. Also published in the first Portefeuille der Nederlandsche Etsclub (1886), but on a larger leaf w. the number "11" printed in lower left corner. Our copy printed on Japanese (not mentioned by De Groot), without number and on a leaf the size of 25,1x36 cm. Rare.
Idem. Heiwerker naar rechts. Etching, 1888, 15,5x22,3 cm.
= De Groot 41b; Boon 37; Van Wisselingh 458. Published in the portfolio Portefeuille der Nederlandsche etsclub 1888. Also published in an edition of 20 copies in 1908.