1189 - 1267 CHILDREN'S BOOKS (including COMICS, DRAWINGS, GAMES and TOYS)
- Without the rules. Board box w. worn. = Papertoys, p.129.
- A few cards paper over board loosening. Box sl. worn along extremities; part of joint dam.
- Some restorations and sm. damages to the surface. = Rare and very decorative early toy.
- Small defects.
- Some wear from playing.
= Includes two locomotives, a horsedrawn cart, a waggon with a movable scene showing the prince offering the glass slipper to Cinderella, two train waggons and 3 carts.
ADDED: several other (mainly wooden) toys, i.a. a painted spinning-top, a game of skittles and a box containing 20 (mainly Elastolin) soldiers (incl. a horse and a Dutch flag).
- First blank cut out; title-p. sl. foxed and w. sm. owner's entry; sl. fingersoiled; hinges weak. Frontcover sl. rubbed; backcover waterstained.Kubašta, V. Doornroosje. Prague, Artia, 1962, no pagination, 8 pop-up plates with movable parts with Dutch caption and orig. clothbacked pict. boards w. movable parts by the author, 4to.
- Occas. trifle fingersoiled. Cloth sl. dam. at spine-ends; corners bumped.
AND 1 other: G.E. STUDDY, Puppy tails (London, n.d. (±1922), col. ills., orig. clothbacked pict. boards (worn)).
- Bookblock sl. loosening. Trifle rubbed. Otherwise fine.
= De Groot 140; Braches 619; Cat. Ned. Boek 201; Cat. Theo van Hoytema 1863-1917 p.76-79; De Bodt/ Kapelle p.126.
Bodenheim, N. Luilekkerland. Ibid., S. van Looy, n.d. (1915), 1st ed., (12)p., col. lithogr. title-p., (full-p.) ills. and orig. clothbacked boards w. col. lithogr. frontcover by N. BODENHEIM, large 8vo.
- Bookblock sl. loosening. Backcover partly discoloured. = De hele Bibelebontse berg p.563; Ki.la.ki.le. 737.
AND 3 others, i.a. IDEM, 12 sprookjes en rijmpjes (ibid., n.d. (1908), 1st ed., col. lithogr. plates/ ills., silhouette ills. and orig. clothbacked col. lithogr. boards by N. BODENHEIM).
- Contents loose; inner margin verso frontcover and first leaf taped together. Spine split; chipped along edges.
= Rare. No copy traced.
- Frontisp. and title cut sl. short; new endpapers; several leaves w. corners/ margins torn off (not affecting images) and repaired; two leaves doubled and repaired (one w. sellotape); occas. (finger)soiled. Recased; rebacked w. use of orig. backstrip.
= Rare first edition of this extremely popular hieroglyphic children's bible.
- Paint partly worn away.
- One w. worn spot in the image.
AND 23 others for the same device, various sizes, prob. all by Lapièrre freres, from various series, i.a. Sleeping Beauty (5x), Don Quichotte (3x), Ali Baba, figures from the Commedia dell'arte (4x).
- Soiled; lower part frame broken.
"Le festin de Pierre". Handpainted glass slide, 7x37 cm., wooden frame. - AND 2 others, 19th cent., showing ships on a rough sea.
- All slides paint occas. worn away.
= Various scenes, i.a. story of the prodigal son (3x), demons, defecating people, soldiers.
= Rare movable slide vividly showing the flames and smoke coming out of roof of the burning houses. The Great fire of Hamburg destroyed about one third of Hamburg-Altstadt and killed 51 people.
- Frame sl. defective. = Two dwarfs, a man peeing (glass broken) and a man with his underpants down.
AND 4 other movable glass slides, ±1850-1860, all in wooden frames, all prob. German, incl. 2 circular slides w. a nice kaleidoscopic effect (1x defective).