5092 - 5387 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Small tear in lower blank margin; some rubbing/ vague small scratches; verso upper margin traces of former mounting.
AND 1 other 19th cent. black crayon portrait of an older woman (52,8x39 cm.).
- Some foxing; some wrinkling in upper margin.
= Nice drawing in the style of Ingres. With the collector's stamp of L.G. Roux on verso (Lugt 1172d).
- Tipped onto mount along upper margin.
- Lacks small portion of upper left corner; creased; small imperfections along edges.
AND 1 other watercolour on board after J.F. LEWIS.
- Traces of former mounting.
Anonymous (19th cent.). (Three women in classical garments mourning in the desert). Drawing, pencil and white wash, 19,5x27 cm.
- Two large tears in image, repaired on verso; browned.
AND ±15 other (sm.) drawings, mainly anonymous pencil drawings/ sketches of landscapes, incl. one large charcoal drawing attrib. to J. POORTENAAR by the former owner.
- Lacks ±6 cm. on the right side; sl. yellowed; waterst. in margins.
= Nice, sl. naive presentation of life as a playing field in the shape of a globe, more or less reminiscent of the "Trap des Levens".
- Scattered white (paint?) spots.
= Well executed and attracttive design, created on the occasion of the coronation. Perhaps a design for a poster.
- Trifle yellowed; large closed tear.
Anonymous (1st half 19th cent.). (Shrubs near a pond). Drawing, pencil, 18,5x29 cm.
- A few sm. stains. = On paper w. Pro Patria watermark.
- Yellowed; some sm. stains, mostly in blank margins; upper corners dam., lower corners w. pinholes.
- Partly yellowed; small hole just above title; pinholes in outer corners. = Nice original design for a poster.
- With some craquelé. Otherwise fine.
- Laid down on board; sl. yellowed.