5092 - 5387 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Foxed. = Attribution by previous owner: "Peter de Wint (?)" on mount. On laid paper.
Anonymous (early 19th cent., British School). (View of a bridge and houses). Watercolour, 18,5x26,5 cm. - AND 2 other drawings: a 19th cent. view of Woodchester and a view by R.M. DUJARDIN of the All Saints Church in Burton Dasset.
- Sl. soiled.
AND a late 18th/ early 19th cent. drawing showing a group of four people in front of a farm.
- Old middle-fold; foxed; outer right margin partly heavily stained./ dam.
AND 2 other drawings, i.a. a 19th cent. black crayon of Christ in a halo.
- Tear in upper right corner and in left margin; some foxing/ stains.
AND 5 other 18th/ 19th cent. drawings, 4x red crayon, i.a. "Gaude Fili (...)" and (Contemplating adolescent) (foxed).
- Left margin cut off; sl. browned.
Anonymous (19th cent.). (A newly wed couple and their belongings festively hauled in at their new home in a alpine village). Circular drawing, pen and ink, watercolour, Ø 16,2 cm.
- Sl. browned.
- A few ruststains in margin.
AND 1 other (prob. a handcol. 19th cent. lithograph).
- Vaguely foxed; lower right corner sl. dam. and w. tear; pinholes in outer corners.
AND a 19th cent. pencil drawing of a seated male nude, 41,5x54 cm. (waterst.).
= Attractive drawing.
- Browned and w. some scratches.
AND 18 other drawings, 19th/ 20th cent., various techniques and medium sizes, i.a. a nice pencil study of a cat and a pencil drawing of a tavern scene.
- Sl. yellowed/ vaguely foxed. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LIII.
- Brown stain in lower left corner.
- Formerly folded.
AND an anonymous 19th cent. red crayon drawing showing a man offering the head of a beheaded man to a queen (mediocre condition).
- Strips of tape along edges verso.
Anonymous (19th cent.). (Stately home, a pond with ducks and a bridge in the foreground). Drawing, pencil and brown wash, 9,3x17 cm.
- Mounted under passepartout.
AND a sl. naive early 19th cent. village view.