5092 - 5387 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Old handling creases and verso some remains of tape from former mounting.
- Both laid down and under passepartout; both sl. foxed.
= With the collector's mark of H.C. Valkema Blouw (Lugt 2505) on a ticket tipped on verso.
- Doubled. = Verso w. old attribution to C.A. (Gaspar) van Wittel (1653-1736).
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LI.
- Some corrections w. black pencil; vaguely foxed; sl. frayed; verso vaguely waterst.
- Upper corners tipped onto mount; sl vague creases/ some dustsoiling.
AND 7 other drawings, 19th cent., i.a. studies of a foot (with conte épreuve).
- Soiled; two sm. holes in upper border line.
- Num. tiny foxed spots.
Dubourcq, P.L. (1815-1873) (attrib.). (Rocky landscape). Drawing, watercolour and pencil, 34,5x24 cm.
- Verso traces of former mounting and some carefully restored thin spots; a few tiny holes.
= On paper w. unidentified fleur de lys watermark. Verso w. attrib. in pencil to Jacob de Wit.
- Some creases in margins.
= Humorous drawing, somewhat reminiscent of George Cruikshank. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LII.
= On paper w. part of watermark D&C Blauw. Verso w. attrib. in pencil to Jacob de WIt.
- Sl. browned, mostly along margins; sm. tear and sm. inkstain in lower blank margin.
= Possibly after the engraving "Obeliscus Arelatensis" by Poilly, 1726.
Anonymous (late 18th cent.). (Elegant lady with a hat). Drawing, pen and ink and grey wash, 19x13,8 cm.
- Possibly lacks portion of lower margin; sharp folds in corners; some foxing.
AND 2 other drawings.
- Partly foxed/ some soiling; verso traces of former mounting along margins.
AND 2 other drawings: an 18th cent. pen and black ink and grey wash drawing of a farmhouse (cut-short) and a sl. naive 18th cent. drawing of a village along the water with fishing men in rowing boats (24x34,2 cm., on laid paper w. watermark "D & C. Blauw").
- Laid down; sm. restoration in lower right corner; darkened along margins.
= Attractive view. Various more or less identical copies of this drawing are known (both in mirrored and unmirrored version and both in watercolour or in engraving), see i.a. the Koninklijk Zeeuwsch Genootschap der Wetenschappen, ZI-II-0593. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LII.
- Sm. dam. spot in image. = Perhaps by/ after George Dawe (1781-1829).