5092 - 5387 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXII.
= Loosely inserted in a fold. letterpress donation form for "Vereeniging "Hulp in Nood" (with a mounted reproduction of a Josef Israels drawing with a similar scene).
- Browned; tiny dam. spots on surface in right margin.
- Yellowed; tipped onto mount.
AND 1 other anonymous drawing.
= Attribution and title in modern hand on verso of frame.
- Sl. yellowed and some craquelé.
- Vertical fold; brown spot in right part; lower right corner sl. dam. Verso w. sm. mounted ticket.
= Titled (by the artist?) in pencil and w. sm. preparatory sketch on verso. Perhaps by Louis Lafitte, although not his style.
= Verso w. the collector's stamp of P.W. van Doorne (1896-1971) (Lugt 4731).
AND 3 small pen/ brush and ink drawings attrib. to the same.
- Sl. yellowed/ foxed; a few sm. chips/ damages in outer margins.
= Identification of the scene in modern hand on verso of frame. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXIV.
= Identification and attribution in modern hand on verso of frame. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXIV.
- Sm. tear in outer right margin; tiny dam. spot in center of image.
- Stain (affecting image).
AND a red crayon drawing of a young woman gathering wood by A.J. RUYTENSCHILDT.
- Sl. foxed; a few closed tears in margin.
= With annots. on verso monogrammed "vL": "ter memorie, witte tros druiven dito Blauwe. Pruimen reine glaude genaamt. braambeziën - abrcoozen. Persiken & een meloen Met eenige Wijngaart blaaden & ranken [...] vL 1794".