4659 - 4759 FINE ARTS - PHOTOGRAPHS
= Showing the actress Jeanne Florentine Bourgeois, better knwown as Mistinguett during a scene with a male actor.
Idem. (Mistinguett sitting amidst a large group of people). Albumen print, 19,2x24,5 cm., signed "Abbé" in red crayon. - AND 3 photographs, 2 acting scenes with Mistinguett by the same and a double portrait by J.H. CONNELLY.
= All from the Mistinguett sale of 1994 at auction house Binoche with its stamp on verso.
= Mostly family pictures and horse racing, probably British.
- One picture sl. dam.; some foxing; upper hinge weakening. A few stains.
= Incl. i.a. ancient ruins, sights, streetscenes, horse races and a boat race/ parade.
- Lacks clasps and catches. = I.a. views of Venice.
AND 13 cabinet size photographs all but one views (i.a. of Lake Maggiore) and a very curious photograph of a lit-up cave(?) by Rudolf Kühn (Erfurt and Friedrichroda).
- A few sl. dam./ nibbled by silverfish (?) along margins; first photo w. some foxing.
= Photogaphs made of the construction of the "Hoofdbank van de Nederlandsche Bank N.V." and published in 1968 on the occasion of the opening of the new building. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXV.
- Mount brittle, w. some chips and tears in outer blank margins.
= Corner of mount w. sm. publisher's blindstamp "Jos. Spithover, Roma".
- Occas. sl .faded. = Shot with a Dubroni No.1 camera around 1860.
- A few pencil scribblings in outer right corner and one in the middle; sl. age-toned. = Very rare.
- Sl. creased; sm. pinhole in upper blank margin.
AND 7 others similar (4x girl w. horse).
- Sl. soiled; corners of board sl. dam.
AND 4 others.
= Nice atmospheric scene.
AND 5 miscell. others, incl. 2 (photochrom) views of Amsterdam and 2 Alpine views.
= Incl. streetviews, models of buildings, interiors.
- Tape remnants in corners; some sm. stains in blank margins.
- Mounted onto board; 2 waterstains and a few (unobtrusive) scratches in image.
= The Kortenaer was used by the Dutch navy between 1895 and 1920.
AND one other photograph of an unidentified ship, early 20th cent., framed. - ADDED: a season's greeting card, signed by A. HAMMACHER, with 2 sm. mounted photographs of buildings by LE CORBUSIER.
- Rolled up.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXVII.