1312 - 1725 FINE PRINTING and ILLUSTRATED BOOKS (including CARICATURE)
- Occas. trifle foxed. Covers trifle soiled.
AND 5 others on/ illustrated by A. PIECK, i.a. A. PIECK and F. THOMAS, Droom in de Delta (The Hague, 1974, 330,(1)p., printed in a lim. ed., ills., orig. gilt cl. w. dustwr., 4to).
- Back of the box sl. scratched. Otherwise fine.
AND 15 others, i.a. B. WIINBLAD, Bridge playing cards (2 decks of playing cards, 55 cards (incl. 3 jokers), Vienna, (1976), together in orig. dec. board box); P. MATHISON, Classic (2 decks of playing cards, 55 cards (incl. 2 jokers and instruction card), Vitoria, (1959?), loosely inserted textleaflet, together in orig. dec. board box) and Grand Prix Grimaud card games by G. LIROLA (1973); TUAN (1974, 2 diff. decks) and G. HIS (1975-1976).
- Fine. = Rare and sought after.
- Some sl. occas. offsetting from the col. etchings.
= Monod 9763; Strachan, The Artist and the Book in France, p.230-232. Copy printed on the name of Jean Demandre, w. loosely inserted fold. menucard for a diner by Les Bibliophiles Comtois on 30 March 1968 (folio, w. col. etching by M. PRASSINOS on the front). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LI.
- Foxed; some offsetting from plates. Binding sl. worn along extremities.
= Cf. Latimore/ Haskell p.40.
- Wr. frayed/ sl. dam. = Cf. Latimore/ Haskell p.71, ed. 1934.
Rossetti, C. Goblin Market. Ibid., idem,1939, 36,(1)p., col. frontisp., (full-p.) ills. and orig. wr. by A. RACKHAM.
- Owner's entry on second blank; sl. foxed. Wr. sl. foxed/ creased. = Cf. Latimore/ Haskell p.69, ed. 1933.
ADDED: 11 others, all in mediocre condition, i.a. PRINCESS MARY'S GIFT BOOK (ibid., n.d., ills., orig. cl., sm. 4to) and N. HOEKSTRA-KAPTEIJN, Een vroolijk Viertal (Alkmaar, n.d. (±1920), col. ills., orig. hcl., sm. 4to).
- Spine trifle discoloured; spine-ends sl. worn; plate on frontcover sl. scratched.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown; occas. sl. foxed. Spine-ends sl. rubbed.
= Latimore/ Haskell p.44f.
Goldsmith, O. The Vicar of Wakefield. London etc., G.G. Harrap & Comp., n.d. (1929), 1st trade ed., 231,(1)p., 12 col. plates, ills., endpapers and orig. gilt cl. by A. RACKHAM w. dustwr., t.e.g., 4to.
- H-title sl. browned. Dustwr. sl. dam. = Latimore/ Haskell p.65.
AND 4 others illustrated by the same, i.a. J. SWIFT, Gulliver's Travels (ibid., 1937, 12 col. plates, orig. cl. w. (dam.) dustwr., 4to).
- Spine dustwr. sl. darkened and stained. Otherwise fine.
= Copy with the rare dustwrapper. Latimore/ Haskell p.50. First trade edition with the illustrations by A. Rackham.
- Scratch on backcover; spine-ends bumped. Otherwise fine. = Latimore/ Haskell, p.52.
- Occas. sl. foxed. The orig. cl. mounted on new boards.
= Latimore/ Haskell p.55. Copy of the first trade edition with the illustrations by A. Rackham.
Montijn-de Fouw, N. Sagen van Koning Arthur en de ridders der tafelronde. Zutphen, W.J. Thieme, n.d. (1920), 1st Dutch ed., XVIII,525,(2)p., plates (15x col.) and ills. by A. RACKHAM, orig. gilt cl., 4to.
- Occas. sl. foxed; final few lvs. waterstained; hinges strengthened w. tape; owner's entry on first free endpaper. Corners bumped; spine-ends sl. rubbed; covers sl. soiled.
= Cf. Latimore/ Haskell p.47.
AND 1 other illustrated by the same: A. STEEL (ed.), English Fairy tales (ibid., 1918, (col.) plates, orig. gilt cl. With owner's entry).
- Owner's entry on title-p.; textlvs. occas. trifle foxed. Spine-ends sl. worn. Good/ fine copy.
= Cf. Latimore/ Haskell p.26, first ed. 1905.
- Occas. sl. (dust)soiled; a few lvs. w. closed tears in lower blank margin. Binding sl. rubbed; backstrip professionally restored.
= Cf. Latimore/ Haskell p.26.
- Bookplate of illustrator J. Dickhoff on htitle; occas. trifle foxed. Covers partly dampstained and rubbed.
= Latimore/ Haskell p.48f.
Shakespeare, W. A Midsummernight's Dream. Ibid., idem, 1920, (6),134,(2)p., 40 tipped-in col. plates, num. (full-p.) ills. and orig. gilt cl. by A. RACKHAM, 4to.
- One plate loose; sl. foxed/ browned; occas. wormholed (incl. covers). Covers rubbed/ discol. spots.
= Cf. Latimore/ Haskell p.32.
AND 1 other illustrated by the same: C. MORLEY, Where the Blue Begins (ibid., 1922, ills. (1x col.), orig. gilt cl., t.e.g., 4to).
- Both vols. textlvs. sl. foxed/ browned as usual. Covers rubbed/ soiled; spine-ends sl. worn.
= Latimore/ Haskell, p.37f.
- First vol. sl. waterstained; 3rd vol. owner's stamp on title-page; 4th vol. owner's entry on second blank; all vols. occas. sl. foxed. Covers (sl.) rubbed; spines sunned.
= Het Rijngoud. Voorspel tot de trilogie De Ring van den Neveling; De Walkure. Eerste dag van de trilogie De Ring van den Neveling; Siegfried. Tweede dag van de trilogie (...); Godenschemering. Derde dag van de trilogie (...).
- Owner's entry on first free endpaper; occas. sl. foxed. Covers sl. sunned; spine-ends sl. rubbed; sm. dent in backcover.
= Latimore/ Haskell p.66f.
Ingoldsby, T. The Ingoldsby legends. Mirth & marvels. Ibid./ New York, J.M. Dent/ E.P. Dutton, 1907, XIX,(1),549p., 24 tipped in col. plates, 12 tinted plates and num. monchr. ills. by A. RACKHAM, orig. gilt dec. cl., t.e.g., 4to.
- Sl. foxed. Covers rubbed.
= Latimore/ Haskell p.30. The first edition with 12 col. plates only and in a smaller format was published in 1898. This is the first "Edition définitive de Luxe".
AND 1 other illustrated by the same: Some British Ballads (ibid., n.d. (1919), 1st ed., ills. (16x col.), orig. gilt cl., 4to. Latimore/ Haskell p.50f.).
- Very fine copy. = One of 250 numb. copies signed by the artist. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE L.
= First publication of a rejected chapter (number 23) of Moeder en Zoon.
Idem. De das in het bos. Een sprookje zonder moraal. Oude Tonge, Huis Clos, 2003, 47,(1)p., text in Dutch, English, German and French, 11 tipped-in col. plates by JOSEPH KERFF, printed in 250 numb. copies, orig. wr. - AND a facsimile by the same.