4919 - 5415 FINE ARTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Small tear in lower blank margin; sl. yellowed. = Delteil 6.
- Tipped onto mount; a few closed tears in lower margin; sl. yellowed.
= Hollstein 8, 1st state (of 2). Very rare, no copy traced on the market. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXIII.
- Beautiful impression with ample broad margins. = Hollstein 26, only state.
= Hollstein 33, the 3rd state (of 5), reworked by P. Nolpe, with the number "1" added in lower left corner and with the address of N. Visscher. With the collector's stamp of Johann Nepomuk Seiler (1793-1876) (Lugt 3976).
Nieulandt II, W. van (±1584-1635). (Landscape with house with livestock, river view in the background). Etching after P. BRIL, 22,8x30,5 cm., w. the address of Bonnenfant.
- Yellowed near left part. = Hollstein 76-111. From the series of 36 Italian landscapes.
AND 2 other landscape etchings, by L. VAN UDEN after P. RUBENS (Hollstein 42, 5th and final state) and W.Y. OTTLEY after W. DE HEUSCH (copy of Hollstein 7, 2nd state).
- Trimmed within the platemark, affecting the number below the image; trifle/ sl. creased/ spotted (some very vague stains on verso); thin spots in upper and lower right corner; tiny portion of lower left corner missing.
= Hollstein 16, only state.
= "Aerckel" (Hollstein 8, the 2nd state (of 2)); "Aen Uytrecht" (cut just outside the borderline. Hollstein 13, the first and final state); "In Maerseveen" (cut just outside the borderline. Waterst. in upper margin. Hollstein 15).
- Good impression w. broad margins; sl. yellowed. = Hollstein 23, the 3rd state (of 3).
Londonio, F. (1723-1783). (Shepherd and shepherdess with sheep and a horse). Etching, 18x25,2 cm., printed on blue paper, tipped onto mount.
- A few tiny brown spots (mainly) in centre; marginal fold in lower right corner; tiny tear in centre upper edge; paper sl. thin on a few spots.
AND 1 other etching by J.A. KLEIN.
- Ample margins; trifle foxed. = On paper with watermark French lily in oval.
Philippon, A. (17th cent). (?). "Le veritable plan, et pourtrait de la maison Miraculeuse de la Ste Vierge, anisy qu'elle se voit à present à Lorette." Etching, 1649, 24x23,2 cm.
- Tipped onto mount.
AND 1 etching by S. DELLA BELLA.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXII.
AND 1 other: ANONYMOUS (1st half 19th cent.), "The Slashers!!" (handcol. etching, caption below image, 24,3x14 cm.).
- Fine impressions w. small margins. Hollstein 91 w. small ruststain in lower blank margin.
= Hollstein Waterloo 90 and 91, both 2nd state (of 3), reworked by Antoni Waterloo, with his address added.
- Trimmed just outside the platemark; tipped onto a mount.
= Hollstein (Ruischer) 16 and Hollstein (Waterloo) 91, 3rd state (of 3), reworked by Waterloo in etching and drypoint (2nd state) and with additional rework, published by Basan. Of the first state by Johannes Ruischer only 2 impressions are known. Part of a panorama of Rhenen.
Sorious, I. (act. 1672-1676). "t Slot te Kroonen-borgh". Etching, 14,9x25,2 cm., signed in the plate.
= Hollstein 15. Part of a series of 13 views of buildings destroyed by the French in 1672. With a 17th century annotation in pen and ink: "Aldus door opspringen in Augusti Ao. 1672 door de franse".
AND 15 other landscapes, i.a. by/ after S.A. BOLSWERT, R. ROGHMAN, H. SWANEVELT, PIETER NOLPE and JAN VAN DE VELDE (w. manuscript collector's mark of Naudet (act. 1763-1830) (Lugt 1937))
- Annots. in pen in lower left and lower right blank corner; upper corners tipped onto mount; vague foxing (especially verso).
= Hollstein 3, the 2nd state (of 2), with the clouds added; De Groot, Landscape, 218.
- Cut short w. loss of image; doubled. = Hollstein 4, the 3rd state (of 4) w. sizes 19,5x28 cm.
AND 1 other after the same: Two farmers with their dog (18x26,8 cm.).
- Good/ fine impression w. ample margins. Foxed (mainly) in margins; sl. yellowed.
= Hollstein 2; Ackley 154. The 2nd state (of 2), with the clouds added. With the collector's mark of Prince Soutzo on verso (L. 2341). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXIV.
- Small wormhole in lower margin (affecting image); vague brown stain in upper margin. = Hollstein 469.
AND 1 other engraving by H. HONDIUS after A. VAN SAEN, Christ and his disciples on the road to Emmaus (tear on old middle-fold).
- Sl. soiled; sm. inkstains(?) in lower margin on verso; doubled; sm. paper restorations in corners; two tiny holes in image.
= Hollstein 201, only state.
AND 1 other by P. DE JODE II, "Superat Praesentia Famam" (eng. after C. SCHUT. Lacks corners. F.M. 1728.11).
- Good impression. (Sl.) foxed/ yellowed, worse in upper left corner; remnants of former mount on verso.
= Hollstein 11, only state. Rare.
- Caption below cut off. = Hollstein 56. Impressive large print.
- Beautiful, early impression, on thin paper w. crowned half moon watermark; ample margins.
= Hollstein 205, only state. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXIV
- Grey impression. Vague middle-fold; sl. foxed/ stained; some tears in blank margins.
= Hollstein 1.
AND 8 other etchings and engravings, i.a. by/ after A. VAN EVERDINGEN, C. SCHUT, A. BLOEMAERT and L. DE DUYSTER.