4919 - 5415 FINE ARTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Occas. foxed/ small tears in outer blank margins; traces of former mounting in upper blank margins.
- Trimmed just inside the borderline; numb. "98" in old pen and ink in lower left corner; old horizontal fold; some vague brownish stains.
= Shoemaker 24.
= Andresen 171. Tipped onto contemporary mount with annotation "J Ch Reinhart fec." in pen and ink. And later annotation "Andr. 71 [Andresen]. Lithografie Oct. 1830" in pencil. With a blindstamp collector's mark "R" in lower left corner of the print, not in Lugt, but perhaps from the artist himself. Lithographs by the artist are very rare, only 5 are known. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CIX.
Idem. (Roman landscapes). Three lithographs, each 12,6x15,5 cm., 2x monogrammed on the stone.
= Andresen 173-175. One print with (part of) the watermark "1816". According to Andresen after drawings of which Reinhart also created a series of similar etchings in 1820 with only minor differences.
- Narrow margins, partly trimmed into the plate mark; tiny rubbed spot in outer lower right margin.
= New Hollstein 176, 3rd state (of 4); White/ Boon 192, 2nd state (of 2). Provenance: Achenbach foundation for Graphic Arts with collector's stamp on verso (Lugt 5069); the collection of J.T.N. Bakkers. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CIX.
- Good impression (but almost without burr) on laid paper with countermark "AD" (Ash-Fletcher 26; Hinterding II, p.73). Thread margins/ trimmed to the borderline; margins with traces of former mounting on verso; with manuscript collector's annot. in lower margin: "le transport au tombeau ş88"; verso w. vague collector's stamp.
= New Hollstein 223, only state. White/ Boon and Nowell-Usticke, B84, only state. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CX.
- Remargined; sm. hole in Sylvius' left shoulder; tipped onto mount.
= On paper w. watermark w. lion and initials "BM". New Hollstein 124, 2nd state (of 3); Bartsch 266; F.M. Portretten 5259. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CX.
- A few sm. vague brown spots on verso.
= Nineteenth cent. Basan impression on laid paper. New Hollstein 192, the 4th state (of 6). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CX.
- Trimmed to the plate mark; vague horizontal crease in the middle; a few thin spots in margins; lower left corner possibly a small closed tear.
= New Hollstein 88, 2nd state (of 2). Provenance: the collection of J.T.N. Bakkers. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXI.
- Trimmed to the plate margin; minute chip in upper blank margin.
= New Hollstein 308, the fifth state (of 6). Provenance: the collection of J.T.N. Bakkers. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXI.
- Ample margins; yellowed.
= Nineteenth cent. Basan impression on laid paper. The New Hollstein 159 III and final state. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXII.
= New Hollstein 309, 1st state (of 2) (before the light diagonal scratch in the upper centre). Provenance: collector's stamp of Carl and Rose Hirschler on verso (Lugt 633a); from the collection of J.T.N. Bakkers. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXI.
- Nineteenth century Basan impression on laid paper with ample margins; sl. yellowed.
= New Hollstein 309, 1st state (of 2), with the two connecting accidental diagonal scratches.
= Delteil 23, 2nd state (of 3). From T. DURET, Histoire des peintres impressionistes, 1919.
- Vague oblique fold; sm. vague foxed spot in image; blank margins sl. foxed. = Delteil 23.
= Delteil 15, the second state (of 2).
= Showing 16 different views of species of armadillos, rabbits, hedgehogs, moles and manidae.
- Both laid down.
AND 12 other prints depicting animals, i.a. 2 etchings by JAN VAN DEN HECKE.
- Trimmed just outside the platemark; sm. chip in upper right corner; sm. hole near centre of upper margin.
= Rare mezzotint with a hunting theme.
AND 10 other (all but one small) mezzotints, 17th-19th cent., i.a. a 17th century portrait of Guiljelmus Saldenus (copy in reverse after J. VERKOLJE, cf. Hollstein 37).
- Trimmed to the borderline; tiny foxed spot; tiny rubbed spot; sm. marginal tear at right; sm. closed marginal tear at left.
= Hollstein 1, the 3rd and final state. With the collector's stamp of Alexander Beugo on verso ("ABEUGO" in monogram; Lugt 82).