4919 - 5415 FINE ARTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Mounted along upper margin on modern limp boards.
= Hollstein 288, the 1st state (of 4) with the artist's address.
- A few prints trimmed rather close to the borderline; one etching w. vague brown stain; verso w. sm. traces of glue along upper edge from former tipping-in.
= Hollstein 125, 127-129, 132 and 134-136, the 2nd state (of 2), with the numbers. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CVIII.
- Sl. foxed. = Hollstein 99, 2nd state (of 2). With the collector's stamp "Childs Boston" (not in Lugt).
AND 2 other small marine etchings by the same, Hollstein 127 and 133, both the second state (of 2).
- Sl. foxed/ stained; some surface wear.
= Hollstein 33, the 2nd state (of 3), the letter "a" added to the number "5".
AND 1 other etching by the same, "De Eenhoorns Sluys" (Hollstein 14).
- Good, flattened copies with small margins. Hollstein 113 w. scratches in pen and ink; flatttened vertical fold and collector's mark shining through.
= Hollstein 107ff, all the first state (of 2), all but one w. the collector's marks of 's Rijks Prentenkabinet (Lugt 240 and 699)) on verso. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXII.
- Hollstein 22 (sl. foxed; lower corners sl. dam. (just touching the image)), 23 (sl. foxed), 24 (cut to the borderline), 25 (some foxing; small margins), 26 (cut to the borderline) and 27. All w. the collector's stamps of A.P. van den Briel on verso (Lugt 407a).
= Hollstein 22-27, all the first and only state.
- Trimmed just outside the borderline; foxed. = Hollstein 107, 2nd state (of 2).
AND ±25 prints showing ships, 17th-20th cent., various techniques and sizes (occas. sm. defects), most prints mounted or tipped onto mount.
- Closed tear in upper margin; touching the borderline. A few tiny foxed spots.
= Hollstein 88, the first state before the address.
- Occas. sl. foxed.. = Hillemacher 43, 58, 59 (2x), 61, 62, 66, 69, 70, 75, 77, 82, 85, 88, 91, 92 and 93.
- One print w. pencil grid. = Kat. Orn. Berlin 135.
- Small library blindstamp on title-p.; sl. fingersoiled; final plates vaguely waterst.
= Kat. Orn. Berlin 3398, 1. Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CVIII.
- Printed on late 18th/ early 19th cent. velin wove paper; trimmed outside the platemark; closed tear (?) in upper right corner;
= Godefroy/ Hollstein 15, the 8th and final state.
Idem. Man and woman conversing. Etching, 1673(?), 9,6x7,9 cm., "Av.o" in the plate below the image.
- On late 18th/ early 19th cent. velin wove paper; trimmed well outside the platemark.
= Godefroy/ Hollstein 12, 5th state of 5.
Idem. Peasant in a pointed fur cap. Etching, ±1640, 6,8x5,7 cm., "Av.O" in the plate.
- On late 18th/ early 19th cent. velin wove paper. = Hollstein/ Godefroy 3, the 7th state (of 7).
Idem. Bust of a laughing peasant. Etching, 1672, 7,2x5,8 cm.
- On late 18th/ early 19th cent. velin wove paper. = Hollstein/ Godefroy 4, the 8th/ 9th state (of 8/9).
AND 5 others, i.a. 2 old beggars by P. QUAST (engraving, Hollstein 20) and B. SCHREUDER, Boertje uit zijn raam (printdrawing after VAN OSTADE).
- Cut just outside the borderline. trifle foxed; corners tipped onto mount (w. some creases).
= Hollstein/ Godefroy 32, probably the 12th and final state.
- Outer blank margins enlarged.
= Hollstein/ Godefroy 20, the 5th/ 4th state (of 6/ 5). With the collector's stamp on verso of A.-J. Hachette (b. 1873) (Lugt 132).
AND an etching by C. BEGA.
- Laid down; trimmed to the borderline; fingersoiled.
= Hollstein 12. This state without publisher's address not mentioned.
= Hollstein 19, 2nd state of 2.
AND 1 other by the same: Toilet of Venus (Hollstein 23, 2nd state of 2. Ample margins foxed).
- Ample margins.
= From the series Speculum Aeneidis Virgilinae (14 prints, incl. title). Hollstein 232-ad 3, first state (without the name Aeneas between the legs of the namesake). Not mentioned in Hollstein.
AND 9 others by the same, i.a. 3 others from the same series, no.4, 9 and 13; and 3 engravings from the series Hortus Voluptatum (1599).
- Laid down. = From the series of the Seven Deadly Sins. Hollstein 456.