4919 - 5415 FINE ARTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Trimmed to the platemark.
= Rare. From the series of 4 evangelists after Ch. Schwartz, Hollstein 24-27.
- All good impressions w. small margins, occas. cut to the plate-mark.
AND 3 other small etchings by the same, incl. (Sleeping boy and his dog) and (A drunk couple).
- Good impression (caption trifle faded).
- Trimmed to the platemark; two tiny/ sm. tears in lower margin; sl. soiled.
AND 1 small etching, showing plants in the style of/ by(?) Kolbe, with the collector's mark of artist Adolf von Heydeck (Lugt 2519) and the collector Albert van Loock.
- Tipped onto mount on all corners.
- With contemp. annots. in pen and ink in margins. = I.a. a skating scene.
AND 27 other emblematic prints, from various works, i.a. by A. SADELER, V.L. VAN DER VINNE, JAN VAN DE VELDE and S. SAVERY. - ADDED: 29 sm. prints, 17th-19th cent., incl. bookillustrations, i.a. by C. GILLOT, J. LUIKEN, C. MELLAN, P. PICART, J.G. WILLE and T. WORLIDGE.
- Laid down; closed wormhole.
= From a series of 6 prints. Hollstein 1336-1341. Churfürstlich Bayerische Frewden-Fest d'après Caspar Amort.
AND 1 other: "Laatste lyckplicht van zyn hoogheit. Prins Frederick Henrick (...)" (Etching, 1647. Showing the funeral procession of stadtholder Frederic Henry of Orange Nassau).
- Title trifle yellowed; occas. some tiny stains.
= Wurzbach II, p.1; Atlas van Stolk 3019; De Groot/ Vorstman 161-163; not in Hollstein, Schenck; Hollstein, Van der Laan does not exist. One of 2 series on fishery, the other series (consisting of 16 engravings) devoted to whaling. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CV.
- Foxed spot in lower blank margin. = Beraldi 50. Proof before letters.
AND 1 other etching by the same, (Le pont des Arts).
- In various conditions (w. various defects).
= Including 2 title prints of series: "Alcoves a la Romaine" and "Lambris a la françoise".
AND 10 others similar.
- Title print somewhat browned.
= Inventaire du fonds français: Graveurs du XVIIe siècle: 1192, 1200, 1191, 1194, 1196.
AND 1 other by the same, a classical vase, publ. by Poilly, not found in the usual reference works.
- Two etchings laid down on old paper mount; a few sl. yellowed/ stained and fingersoiled.
= Architecture and ornaments.
ADDED: the engr. title only of "Oeuvres de Ph. Wouvermens Hollandois" (by LE PARMENTIER after J. DE LA JOUE).
- A few (foxed) spots in margins.
AND 2 other etching and chiaruscuro woodcuts by COMTE DE CAYLUS and LE SUEUR from the Receuil Crozat (1729/ 1742).
- Trimmed to the borders; lacks sm. triangular piece of upper left corner (1,5x2,5x3,5 cm.); lower right corner worn w. very small loss.
= From the series of woodcuts after the drawings in Le Cabinet de M. Crozat (±1740).
Velde, J. van de (1744-1780). (A shepherd with three goats and a cow). Printdrawing after N. BERCHEM, 14x18 cm.
- Browned; sl. foxed.
- Sl. foxed; cut on/ inside borderline; tipped onto mount; remnants of former mounting visible on verso; sm. brown spot in lower right corner.
= Hollstein and Filedt Kok 44. With the 18th century ms. owner's mark in pen and ink on verso by G. Storck, dated 1787 (cf. Lugt 2319).
- Sl. foxed; thin spots in upper corners from former tipping in; tiny spots near Christ's lower right leg; sm. closed tear (or sharp crease?) in outer right margin; trimmed to the borders. Needs flattening.
= Hollstein and Filedt Kok 75b.
Idem. The Crucifixion, 1521. Copperengraving from the Small Passion series (14 prints), 11,5x7,5 cm., monogram "L" and "1521" in lower left corner.
- Trimmed to the borders; lower left corner sl. dam. (affecting date and monogram); 2 horizontal creases; tipped onto mount.
= Hollstein and Filedt Kok 52, the first state (of 3).