4646 - 4918 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Upper right outer corner sl. chipped. A few vague foxed spots in sky area. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXI.
- Partly foxed. = Verso w. vague unidentified collector's mark.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXII.
- Repaired tears in upper and lower margin; sl. stained/ sl. foxed; a few handling creases.
= Impressive drawing. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXII.
- Two tiny tears in upper blank margin (not touching image); vague yellowing along former border of passepartout in margins of image.
= Used by Hendrik Spilman for his print in Nederlandsche Tafereelen, part 8 (1773). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.
- Foxed. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.
= A view on the Saint-Pierre de Montmartre, before its restoration. Jean Jacques Belloche seems to have been an artist as well as a photographer.
- Sm. tear in lower edge.
Anonymous (early 19th cent.). (Italian landcape with a convent). Drawing, pen, brush and brown ink, 18,5x27 cm.
= With (later?) English annotation on perspective in pen and ink on verso. On wove paper. Perhaps by one of the pupils of Francis Towne.
AND 10 other drawings, all landscapes, one drawing attributed to TH. GUDIN.
= All drawings w. identification of artist and dated 1821 in contemp. hand on mount.
AND a similar drawing by A.X. LEPRINCE, (Man talking to a passing woman on a track through a hilly landscape), signed "A.X. Leprince 1823".
- Some browing, mostly along edges of passepartout. = Sold at auction Paul Brandt, february 1971.
- Fine. = Scene identified in contemp. pencil on verso.
- A few foxed spots.
- Some foxed spots.
AND a washed ink drawing by P.E.H. PRAETORIUS, (Wooden cabin).
= Design for a lithograph. From the collection of Jan Remmet de Groot, curator of Paintings (1968-1994) at the museum of modern art in Arnhem.
= Verso w. owner's stamp "D.P. Brondgeest" and "No.53" in pencil, and w. "DB" in pen and red ink (Lugt 4331).
AND 3 other drawings, i.a. a fisherman's family in their home and women mending nets.
- Sl. duststained.
Guzzone, S. (1856-1890). (Seated lady). Drawing, pen and ink, 18,5x13,5 cm., signed.
- Frame w. a few sm. damages. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIV.