1925 - 1997 INDONESIA. BOOKS, MAPS, PLANS AND VIEWS, PHOTOGRAPHS, PRINTS, DRAWINGS AND PAINTINGS
- Some occas. foxing. = Facs. reprint of the ed. London 1817.
AND 3 others on Java.
- Library stamp on first free endpaper and title-p.; plates w. a few (repaired) tears; sl. foxed/ (finger)soiled; manuscr. letter mounted on upper pastedown. Sl. rubbed along extremities; letterpiece sl. worn away.
= Rouffaer/ Muller p.44.
- First few lvs. loose(ning); two owner's stamps; sl. foxed/ (finger)soiled. Frontcover loose(ning); corners showing; covers soiled.
= Bastin/ Brommer N616; Landwehr, Dutch Books w. Col. Plates 419; cat. NHSM I, p.181; Rouffaer/ Muller p.34; Tiele 939.
- Foxed/ soiled; occas. edges frayed; corners showing; bookbinder plate on verso.
= No.105,109,131,134,135,144 and 151. From an impressive series of photographic schoolplates, published in three portfolios. Haks/ Maris p.70: "Jean Demmeni (1866-1939). Well known photographer and amateur painter and draughtsman, who travelled all over the Archipelago. His extensive photographic achievement is an important documentation of Indonesia in the first quarter of this century."
- First two vols. backstrip sl. creased. Otherwise fine.
AND 1 other by the same.
- Occas. sl. foxed/ browned. Vol. 2 binding sl. worn; backstrip vol. 1 lacks portion.
= Rouffaer/ Muller Suppl. II, p.3. On hygienic conditions in the Dutch East Indies.
= Facs. reprint of the ed. Amst./ Dordr., 1724-1726.
- Lower joint split; backstrip loose(ning); spine-ends worn.
= With contributions by i.a. C. Snouck Hurgronje ("Iets over priesterraden"), H. Kern ("Over de herkomst van enige telwoorden in 't Bargoensch der Zuid-Indische kooplieden") and C.M. Kan ("De Anthropo-Geographie van Nederlandsch-Indië").
- Occas. sl. (finger)soiled; some sm. tears in maps on folds. Spines discol./ rubbed on joints.
= Cf. Rouffaer/ Muller p.14; Tiele 1157.
- Binding rubbed along extremities.
= Dissertation on the history of the by then defunct Dutch East India Company (VOC). Van Lijnden (1813-1852) would eventually become Resident of Timor. Includes the dedication.
= Facs. reprint of the manuscript atlas in the Algemeen Rijksarchief, The Hague. With separate introd. booklet by J. van Bracht incl. the facsimile of an 18th cent. index to the atlas (in rear pocket).
- Some loose maps sl. foxed. Corners portfolio repaired w. tape; both vols. corners sl. worn.
= Rouffaer/ Muller suppl. II, p.21.
- All vols. w. ident. bookplate on upper pastedown; sl. browned, occas. worse. Tiny ticket on backstrips.