1 - 672 FINE AND APPLIED ARTS, ART REFERENCE
- Yellowed. Wrappers foxed.
= Rare publication in which the artist Joaquin Torres-Garcia links the abstract tradition of the art of the Incas to the modern European geometric abstract art.
- Partly loose(ning). Backstrip strengthened w. thin Japanese paper, dustwr. lacks backstrip and frayed/ w. sm. dam. in margins, especially along spine.
= Rare. Text in Spanish, English and French. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE X.
= One of 100 numb. copies of the 'Édition de tête', with four ORIGINAL PRINTS in separate folder: J.M. ARMLEDER (untitled serigraph, signed in pencil on verso); F. ARRABAL, "Amor" (mixed technique, signed and "27/100" in col. pencil); J. TETTAMANTI, Sans titre (C-print, signed and numb. "27/100" in ballpoint on verso) and D. HUMAIR (untitled serigraph, signed in yellow pencil).
- Wr. trifle worn in margins. Otherwise fine.
Alushkin, Ya.V. Konstantin Fyodorovitch Yuon. Introd. N.I. Bukharin. Moscow, Vsekokhudozhnik, 1936, 113,(3)p., num. (col.) ills., orig. boards, 4to.
- The name of Nikolai Bukharin on title-p. and at the end of the introduction blotted out with ink (he was arrested in 1937 and executed the following year; many copies of the book have the introduction pages torn out altogether).
= Monograph on socialist realist artist Konstantin Yuon, laureate of the Stalin prize in 1943.
- New endpapers; title-p. sl. foxed. Rebacked w. matching cloth.
= With SIGNED dedication on orig. endpaper tipped in.
= The standard oeuvre catalogue.
- Frontwr. w. rubbed spot in blank margin.
ADDED: "Manifest" gegen den Avantgardismus. Basel, Panderma, 1958, 1 fold. folio red paper leaf, printed on recto only.
- Trifle discol. on folds.
AND 11 other publications, inserts and prints related to PANDERMA, incl. 1 incomplete issue and a duplicate of the "Manifest".
- All vols. trifle (finger)soiled (incl. covers).
AND 2 other issues of the same periodical: no. 11-12 (incomplete) and 51.
- Some sl. foxing. Portfolio lacks ties, sl. soiled and worn/ splitting on joints.
= Nice publication, showing a broad range of modernist design, from applied arts and fashion to furniture and architecture. Rare.
= Catalogue raisonné of the paintings.
- Without the slipcase.
- Sm. stain on htitle. Dustwr. soiled/ discol.
= With AUTOGRAPHED SIGNED dedication by the author on first free endpaper.
Jan Altink, 21 october 1885 - 6 december 1971. Ed. D.H. Couvée and E.L. Wouthuysen. Heemskerk, Jan Altink Stichting, 1978, 2 vols., text vol.: 104p., ills.; plate vol.: 105 (col.) plates, orig. unif. printed boards, in orig. (sl. soiled) cl. slipcase, 4to. - AND 6 others on J. TOOROP.
- Frontwr. sl. yellowed.
= Contains lithographs by i.a. J. SLUIJTERS, K. HEYNSIUS, F. BOBELDIJK, G. RÖLING, H. KROP and M. MONNICKENDAM.
AND 1 exhibition catalogue of the Stedelijk Museum, Amst., 1929, on the Onafhankelijken (wr. sl. worn).
- Bookseller ticket on title-p.; sl. foxed; bookblock loose(ning). Covers sl. soiled; rubbed along extremities.
= With literary contributions by i.a. A. Gide, G. Bataille, A. Malraux, H. Michaux, J. Dos Passos and F.G. Lorca.
- One textleaf loose; some lvs. w. vertical creases; sl. (finger)soiled/ foxed. Covers sl. soiled; foot of spine dam.
= With literary contributions by i.a. A. Gide, E. Hemingway and J. Joyce. For the lithographs after gouaches by Kandinsky: Roethel, Anhang V, 25 and 26.
- Hinges weak; trifle fingersoiled. Wrapper trifle rubbed along extremities. Fine copy.
= With literary contributions by i.a. P. Valéry and A. Malraux. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE X.
- Hinges weak; sl. soiled. Covers sl. soiled/ rubbed along extremities; spine dam.
= Literary contributions by i.a. F.G. Lorca, J.P. Sartre and P. Valéry.