1 - 672 FINE AND APPLIED ARTS, ART REFERENCE
= Monograph on the bronze drums crafted in ancient Vietnam.
- Sm. tear in dustwr.
= Arntzen/ Rainwater P717: "The most comprehensive work on the techniques of Chinese and Japanese lacquerwork".
= Sumptuous publication, reproducing the copy of the Ota Memorial Museum of Art, Tokyo.
- First vol. lacks dustwr. Otherwise fine.
- Dustwrappers sl. worn/ dam. = Standard reference work on surimono.
Evans, T. and M.A. Shunga. The art of love in Japan. New York/ London, Paddington Press, n.d. (1979), 284,(1)p., num. (full-p.) (col.) ills., orig. cl. w. (sl. worn) dustwr., obl. 8vo. - AND 1 other: E. VAN DEN ING and R. SCHAAP, Beauty & Violence. Japanese prints by Yoshitoshi 1839-1892 (n.pl., 1992, (col.) ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr., sq. 4to).
- Trifle foxed. Dustwr. sl. dam. at top of spine.
AND 3 others, i.a. A. DUCROS, Netsuke & Sagemono 2 (Lyon, 1987, ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr., large 4to) and MASATOSHI NETSUKE (Tokyo, 2013, ills., orig. boards, 4to).
- Endpapers sl. browned. Sm. portion of dustwr. torn off at top of spine.
AND 1 other. - ADDED: G.E. RUMPHIUS, The Ambonese Curiosity Cabinet. Engl. transl. and ed. E.M. Beekman (New Haven, 1999, ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr., 4to).
- Owner's entry on fold. flap of dustwr.; dustwr. trifle frayed at spine-ends.
= Standard reference work, with sword guards arranged by design school and historical period.
AND 1 other: M. and B. JAHSS, Inro and Other Miniature Forms of Japanese Lacquer Art (Rutland, 1981, ills., orig. giltlettered cl. w. dustwr., in board slipcase, sm. 4to).
- Text lvs. foxed and frayed. Portfolio worn and lacks 1 inner flap.
= Rare collection of plates after Japanese colour stencils used as patterns for ornaments on cloth.
- Some foxing, especially in (upper) blank margins. Rebacked w. use of orig. spine.
- Second vol. first free endpaper repaired w. tape; sl. foxed. Spines sl. sunned; spine-ends rubbed.
= Arntzen/ Rainwater E182: "Useful for students of Chinese and Japanese art for signatures and seals of Japanese printmakers, family crests, and mythological and historical subjects".
- Sl. foxed/ browned; sm. old annots. on 27th plate in lower blank margin and upper pastedown. Covers soiled/ sl. rubbed along extremities.
= SIGNED on htitle.
= The standard oeuvre-catalogue. Includes a reprint of the ed. Paris, 1930.
= Sumptuous standard work.
Bignes, C. and Stürzebecher, J. (ed.). Richard Paul Lohse. Konstruktive Gebrauchsgrafik. Ostfildern, Hatje Cantz, 1999, 308p., richly illustrated, orig. cl. w. dustwr., folio. Cohen, A.E. Herbert Bayer. The Complete Work. Cambridge, MIT, 1984, 429p., num. ills., orig. boards w. dustwr., large 4to. - AND 1 other.
= Catalogue raisonné.
Roth, D. and Iannone, D. Dieter and Dorothy. Their Correspondence in Words and Works 1967-1998. Zürich, Bilgerverlag, 2001, 256p., orig. hcl., folio. - AND 3 others, all illustrated, all hardcovers, all fine, i.a. P. ADORNO, C. LORENT and F. SANTANIELLO, Cracking Art Revolution (Milan, 2007, boards, square folio).
- Folded; contents loose, orig. binding cord still there.
= The prospectus for the influenctial art nouveau periodical Pan. One of 180 copies, printed on Japanese paper.