5611 - 5761 FINE ARTS - FOREIGN TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS and VIEWS
- Sl. browned; waterstain in upper margin, just touching the borderline. = City of Cheb in Czech Republic.
AND a handcol. map from a Latin edition of the same work: "De Ungaria. Transsyluania Vngarici regni Prouincia" (showing the Balkans) and a leaf form the same work w. the plan of the fortress of Sacca in Hungary.
- Folded; a few creases.
- Browned. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 9920:2.20.
- Creased; partly waterst. (on folds); formerly cut (reattached); a few sm. holes/ dam. spots.
- Some superficially dam. spots; attractive later handcolouring. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman IV-2/1, 2069.
ADDED: 1 similar town view from the same "Arras".
- A few plates (badly) torn; a few plates sl. crudely (later) handcol.; the orig. wrappers partly dam. and torn.
= The complete work contains 897 maps/ plates. It took over 300 men 18 years of work to create this invaluable and beautifully executed work, which formed the basis of all subsequent research in the 19th century on the history of Egypt. De Meulenaer p.66f; Blackmer 526 note; cf. Atabey 343 (ed. 1809-1828); Navari 476. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXV.
- Lacks plate no.3; plates fine apart from a few foxed spots; all mounts partly waterst./ foxed. Without portfolio.
= An outstanding series of chromolithographs made after Preziosi visited Cairo in 1862. The colourful views depict street scenes and local inhabitants in the city and along the Nile. Colas 2425; Blackmer 1352; Hilmy II, p.133; The Ottoman World, p.535. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXV.
- Sl. browned; closed tear; sm. oblique hole; one sm. tear in lower blank margin.
"Tabula comitatus Artesiae". Partially handcol. engr. map w. 2 cartouches, 46,2x56 cm., Amst., F. de Wit, ±1670.
- Vertical (partly torn/ strengthened) fold as published; sl. yellowed.
- Upper blank margin cut sl. short. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman I, 4520:1.2.
"Aquitania australis Regnu Arelatense cum confiniis". Engr. map w. 2 handcol. cartouches, 35,5x47 cm., ibid., idem, 1633.
- Sl. waterst. in upper blank margin. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman I, 4002:1.
ADDED 1 other: "Hannonia. Namurcum Comitatus".
- One sm. crease; sl. dustsoiled.
AND 2 others, i.a. "La Bretagne divisée en ses neuf Evesches (...)" (handcol. engr. map, Paris, N. Sanson, ± 1700).
- Very fine map w. nice handcoloring.
- Sl. yellowed. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman 4800:2A (2:202-3).
AND a handcol. engr. map of "Dept. de la Gironde" from the Atlas national illustré, ±1860.
- Modestly coloured map.
- Lower right (blank) corner restored/ strengthened. = Attractive map w. fine, large cartouche.