5611 - 5761 FINE ARTS - FOREIGN TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS and VIEWS
- Paper sl. thin on a few places (shining through near the couple). Otherwise fine.
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman, 3200:364. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXIV.
= Koeman Vis 2 (23). Rare and decorative map, with borders incl. small inset views of i.a. Ghent, Bruges, Ostende, Ypres, Lille, Aalst and Hulst, the portraits of Duke Albert and Duchess Isabella and images of noblemen, town folk, peasants and a fisherman. The lower border printed from a second plate. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXIV.
- Sl. waterstained in upper and lower blank margin; tiny hole in centre.
"Carte des Comtéz de Hainaut de Namur et de Cambresis". Handcol. engr. map w. decorative cartouche, 22x28,5 cm., Leyden, Van der Aa, ±1730. - AND 12 others, mainly small (handcol.) maps, i.a. "Hannonia" (handcol. engr. map, Guicciardini, ±1625) and an uncol. duplicate of the first (with dec. borders).
= Interesting map. The second cartouche explains the purpose of this map: "The Treaty for setting the Barrier in the Netherlands, between teh Emperor, King of Great Britain and the States General Concluded at Antwerp the 15 of Novemb. 1715. (...)".
AND 1 other (unif. framed) map by H. MOLL: "Flanders or the Spanish Netherlands (...)" (handcol. engr. map w. title cartouche, 17,8x25,2 cm. ±1710. Sl. yellowed).
= Van den Broecke 77, 1st state (of 4, w. the date "1590" in the privilege); Van der Krogt/ Koeman, 3200:31C.
AND 2 others, i.a. "Flandria et Zeelandia Comitatus" (partly handcol. engr. map, from BLAEU, Townbooks, ±1650).
- Doubled; a few brownish stains.
"Nova et accurata Hannoniae comitatus". Handcol. engr. map, 51x58,5 cm., Amst., T. Danckert, ±1695 (centre upper edge sl. dam. just affecting the borderline and tiny parts of the map). - AND 1 other "Carte particuliere des environs d'Ostende Nieuport Furnes et Autres" (engr. map, Paris, Crepy, 1743).
- Doubled; sl. yellowed.
ADDED: 1 other of Grave, Germany.
- Fine. = Van den Broecke 68.
AND 1 smaller handcol. engr. map "Partie Méridionale des Pays Bas" (Paris, 1780).
- Sl. foxed. = Nice map, west at the top.
- Browned. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman IV-2/1, 183.
- Sl. browned/ rubbed; sl. creased from former rolling.
- Sl. browned.
- Fine copy, trifle yellowed.
"Namurcum Comitatus". Engr. map by J. SURHON, with 3 decorative handcol. cartouches, Amst., Ortelius, 1579.
- Trifle browned along (strengthened) middle fold; 2 putti sl. scratched to censor their private parts.
- Slightly frayed; w. a few marginal tears just affecting the image; neatly closed tear along middle fold.
= F.M. 3393. Rare view showing the siege of Ostende in 1706.
- A few sl. yellowed; mostly fine.
= Views of "Arras", "Gravelinga", "Hannonia", "La ville de Cambray", "Mons", "Namurcum" and "Valenciennes".
= Nice map, centered on Prague.
- Left and right margins trimmed to/ just inside the borderline and neatly restored; right margin vaguely waterst.; trifle yellowed.
- Sl. fingersoiled; closed tear in upper left corner; some rubbed spots in left border.
= Attractive map with decorative cartouche showing allegorical figures, Indian chiefs, explorers, mapmakers, a fleet of ships, fishermen and wildlife. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXV.
- Horizontal tear through half of the map on fold; one vertical tear on fold; sm. tear on every fold not affecting the image; w. some foxed spots. Wr. sl. creased/ soiled.
- Sl. yellowed/ foxed; a few vague creases; sm. wormhole in blank margin of the first map. Folds as published.