3066 - 3183 FINE ARTS - PHOTOGRAPHS
- Mounts w. some foxed spots. Portfolio sl. foxed; lacks silk ties.
= Showing i.a. De Waag, the Geestersingel and the Oudegracht. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
ADDED: 4 picture postcards of Alkmaar.
- Leather sl. rubbed along extremities.
ADDED: 3 series of small photographs in their orig. paper chemise, i.a. "Pompeï" and "Chiostri de S. Maria Novella E Cappella degli Spagnoli Firenze".
= The 12-storey building at the Victorieplein in Amsterdam, nicknamed "De Wolkenkrabber", was designed by J.F. Staal. It was built between 1930-1932.
- Rectangular brown stain below centre.
AND 5 mounted albumen prints by ZANGAKI, all Egyptian views, i.a. the town of Suez and the port of Tawfiq.
= SIGNED in brush and ink in Japanese and in Western alphabet by Kongo Iwao (1886-1951). With a large annotation by the first owner on verso who explains that the signed photograph was a gift from the actor, whom he visited in 1931.
= Private album documenting the entire construction process of an industrial complex, prob. in Belgium (one photograph on first leaf w. caption "Kantoor "Produits Chimiques de Flandres" en bestaande fabriek Belgochimie"). Dated mostly between 1950 and 1952.
- The first one w. sm. scratch in right part.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
- Mount w. minor imperfections
AND 3 other mounted albumen prints, all Burmese views, 2x by the same: "Burmese racing boats" and "large image at Pegu" (sleeping Buddha).
- Without lens. With typed diaphragm information sheet mounted to the back of the body; sm. rubbed spot to the left of the backwinding knob. Otherwise fine.
- Some rubbing at top of body from sliding on and off of Leica meter (not present); lens in fine condition. Leather case sl. worn along margins and on inside.
= Celebrated Leica camera.
WITH: a metal LEITZ hood, a rubber HOOD (both 39x0,5), a LEITZ chrome goggle, 5 LEITZ filters (UVa, Or, 0, 1 and GGr), a reloadable LEITZ 35mm FILM CARTRIDGE in orig. canister, an ECHO cable release, 1 KAISER filter and a JUPITER-8 2/50 lens.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE II.
- Folding system fine; sm. abrasion below metal unlocking clip.
= Attractive pre-war (±1930) camera.
AND 3 other folding cameras, i.a. an EASTMAN KODAK POCKET KODAK (±1925. Without the metal stylus, otherwise fine) and a WOLLENSAK DELTAX No.1 camera (±1930), with TRYLOR 1:6.8 F-135 H. ROUSSEL lens. Apparently in working condition).
- Metal area around lens w. sl. traces of finger rubbing. Otherwise fine.
= Including a small leather pouch w. rubber hood and a few filters.
AND 2 others: a ZORKI 4K camera (body only and orig. leather Zorki case) and a IHAGEE EXA 2B camera with MEYER-OPTIK DOMIPLAN 2.8/50 lens.
- Binding dam. Contents fine.
= Provenance: "Annie E. McCann a Parting Gift from her Loving Friend Kitty Chase Nov. 4th 1891" (manuscript on first free endpaper).
= I.a. a few related to Dutch families in the Dutch Indies, perhaps a family Verheijen. By various photographers, i.a. H. Born, W. Ivens, Brainich & Lensink (all Nijmegen), F. Lachenwitz (Cleve), Busenbender & Co., Woodbury and Page (Batavia), J.W. Westerborg (Arnhem), J.C. Goethals (Gorinchem), A.C. Kunst (Groningen), W. Tinker (Haarlem), J.C. Reesink (Zutphen), C. Bethlehem (Den Helder), L.H. Serre (Utrecht), Sigling Glukera (Amsterdam), L.J. Vermeulen (The Hague), C. Baumann (Dortmund).