1497 - 1635 CARTOGRAPHY, 19th-20th CENTURY ATLASES
- Binding sl. soiled and stained; joints and spine-ends worn/ sl. dam.
Smith, L.E. Commercial Atlas of the World. Featuring New 1930 Census. Ed. F.K. Branom. Ibid., The Geographical Publishing Co., n.d. (1934), 208p., num. (col.) maps and plans, ills., orig. giltlettered blindst. cl., large folio.
- Hinges weak.
Cram's Commercial Atlas. Indianapolis, The G.F. Cram Comp., n.d. (±1930), 311p., num. (col.) maps and plans, orig. embossed dec. buckram, large folio. - AND 2 others: G. PHILIP and T. SWINBORNE SHELDRAKE, The Chambers of Commerce Atlas (London, 1925, col. maps, diagrams, orig. cl., t.e.g., folio) and J.G. BARTHOLOMEW, Atlas of the World's Commerce (ibid., 1907, col. maps, diagrams, contemp. hmor., folio).
- Occas. sl. fingersoiled. Binding sl. chafed.
- The text vols. only, without the atlases.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown. Spine sl. sunned. = Phillips 5302.
Mittmann, S. and Schmitt, G. (ed.). Tübinger Bibelatlas. Auf der Grundlage des Tübinger Atlas des Vorderen Orients (TAVO). Stuttg., Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, 2001, (10)p., num. fold. col. maps, German and English text, separate index booklet loosely inserted in frontpocket, orig. cl., narrow large folio.
- Title-p. and all maps w. perforated library mark; margins of title-p. doubled; fingersoiled; several maps w. (closed) marginal tears; hinges strengthened. Binding stained and sl. worn.
= Phillips 52.
Guthe, H. Bibelatlas in 21 Haupt- und 30 Nebenkarten. Leipsic, H. Wagner & E. Debes, 1926, 2nd rev. ed., (6)p., 14 (double-p.) lvs. w. in total 51 col. lithogr. maps, orig. dec. cl., folio.
- Owner's stamp on title-p.
= The second of two editions. Espenhorst (Engl. ed.) 6.6, p.669: "With only 20 principal maps in the first edition, and 21 in the second edition, the atlas was a thin volume, but nevertheless offered the best overview of this specialized theme that was available at the time."
- Without the CD-Rom.
- Foxed (occas. rather heavily); a few maps browned; hinges strengthened.
= Espenhorst p.224. With 10 extra supplement maps not called for in the index: India (4 sections) and Germany (6 sections).
- Hinges strengthened. Backstrip rubbed and sl. worn. = Espenhorst p.226.
AND 2 others: R. ANDREE, Allgemeiner Handatlas (8th ed., 1930) and A. STIELER, Hand-Atlas (10th ed., "Hundertjahr-Ausgabe", 1934-1936).
- Lacks one map (Algier und Tunis). Backstrip sunned; upper joint sl. dam. at top of spine.
= Espenhorst p.226.
AND 2 others: R. ANDREE, Allgemeiner Handatlas (5th ed., 1906, "Jubiläumsausgabe) and A. STIELER, Grand Atlas de Géographie Moderne (10th ed., 1940, "Édition Internationale", 42e Livraison).
- Occas. foxed/ browned; partly waterst. in upper blank margin. Binding w. minor imperfections; spine-ends worn/ sl. dam.
= Espenhorst, p.149; Phillips I, 148.
- First leaf text booklet sl. foxed; title-p. and endpapers plate vol. heavily foxed; maps occas. sl. foxed. Plate vol.: joints split(ting); covers rubbed; corners bumped.
= Espenhorst, p.149; Phillips I, 148.
- Occas. sl. foxed. Sm. shelf tickets on spine.
- Lacks 3 maps; text lvs. creased/ dogeared; occas. sl. foxed; upper hinge strengthened. Backstrip dam.
Idem. Atlas Antiquus. Ibid., idem, 1865, 3rd ed., 17,(1)p., 31 partly handcol. engr. maps, bound unif. w. the preceding.
- Occas. sl. foxed. Backstrip dam.
- Title-p. w. perforated library mark; htitle reattached to title-p. along inner margin; all maps w. library stamp on verso; bookplate on upper pastedown. Traces of erased ticket on frontcover; backstrip sl. faded and w. shelf number.
= Phillips 3195. Published on occasion of the 1907 centenary of the protestant missionary effort in China. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XLVI.
- Text lvs. and tables (sl.) foxed and waterst. in upper margin; new endpapers. Upper joint splitting at foot of spine.
= Espenhorst p.362.
- Covers sl. stained; a few sm. holes in cloth over spine.
= Koeman VI, Stem A1. First edition of one of the most detailed and largest atlases of the former Dutch East Indies, published by command of the Dutch Ministry of Colonies. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XLVII.
- Partly (vaguely) waterst. in lower margin. Lacks backstrip; covers sl. stained and rubbed; corners showing.
= Koeman VI, Stem A2.
- Some foxing. Binding sl. rubbed and stained; joints splitting; spine-ends sl. worn. = Espenhorst p.77.