103 - 678 FINE AND APPLIED ARTS, ART REFERENCE
- Contents trifle soiled. = Comprises: Georgia, Mississippi/ Alabama, Virginia, South Carolina and Louisiana.
- Spine-ends strengthened w. sellotape; top of spine chipped.
Idem. Le voyage d'orient. Paris, Forces vives, 1966, 173,(1)p., 2 full-p. ills., orig. stiff wr., sq. 8vo (bookseller's label on backwr.).
= Rare catalogue on Machado Moreira's exhibition in the Centro de Arquitectura e Urbanismo do Rio de Janeiro.
AND 2 others on modern architecture, i.a. Mario Ridolfi (1904-1984). La arquitectura de Ridolfi y Frankl (Madrid, 1991, num. (col.) ills., orig. pict. stiff wr., 4to).
- Owner's stamp on title-p. and owner's entry on first textp. in each vol.; sl. foxed; some rust stains at inner margins from staples, mainly in 3rd vol. Covers sl. foxed; a few sm. tears in cl.; spine-ends sl. rubbed.
- A few sm. white stains on frontcover.
Bognar, B. (introd.). Togo Murano: Master Architect of Japan. Ibid., idem, 1996, 160p., num. (full-p.) (col.) photogr. ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr., sm. 4to (fine). Morpurgo, G. Gregotti & Associates. The architecture of urban design. Ibid., idem, 2008, 311,(1)p., num. (full-p.) (col.) (photogr.) ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr., 4to (fine). Duany, A. a.o. The New Civic Art: Elements of Town Planning. Ibid., idem, 2003, 384p., num. (full-p.) (col.) (photogr.) ills., orig. hcl. w. dustwr., 4to.
- Sm. bumped spot in lower egde of frontcover; dustwr. trifle soiled.
AND 9 others published by the same (2x softcover): i.a. C. JENCKS, The Iconic Building (2005, num. (photogr.) ills., orig. boards w. dustwr., 4to) and A.J. PLATTUS (introd.), Koetter Kim & Associates: Place/Time (1997, num. (photogr.) ills., orig. boards w. dustwr., 4to).
- First free endpapers waterstained; pastedowns sl. foxed. Spine sl. rubbed; a few creases in frontcover.
= Nice commemorative volume.
Twee eeuwen aan de Schie 1727 - 27 september - 1927. Gedenkschrift van Abraham van Stolk en Zonen. (Rott.), n.publ., (1927), 40p., (col.) (facs.) plates, orig. dec. cl., obl. sm. folio.
- Upper hinge widening. Covers trifle soiled. = With nice art deco binding design.
- First and last few lvs. of all vols. sl. foxed/ browned; all titles w. contemp. owner's entry. Spine-ends and corners sl. worn; one backstrip w. sm. stain.
- Possibly lacks engr. title or frontisp.; occas. (sl.) foxed, plates mostly fine; last 5 lvs. and endpapers waterstained on foredge and lower blank margin; htitle and title-p. waterstained in inner upper blank margin. Binding sl. worn along extremities.; backcover sl. rubbed.
= Kissner coll. 919 (calls for engr. frontisp., 76 plates and 15 ills.); Kat. Orn. Berlin 3500 (calls for 76 plates); Rossetti 5085 (does not mention an engr. title or frontispiece, calls for 75 plates and 18 ills.). Plates and garden- and building plans of the finest Roman palaces.
- Frontwr. sl. foxed. = Documenti di architettura.
- A few sm. sl. rubbed spots at extremities. Fine copy in a nice binding.
= The first systematic and very influential treatise on Gothic architecture in England. This edition considerably enlarged with new plates.
- First quire foxed.
- No.12 bookblock loose and waterst. All vols. owner's entry on frontwr.
AND 7 odd issues of STROIKA (Moscow, 1930, ills., orig. wr., large 4to).
- Foot of spine bumped; frontcover sl. foxed.
= WITH loosely inserted: a prospectus, a brochure, a letterpress wrapper, an application form, a form for subscribing to shares of the Académie Européenne "Mediterranée" and a cyclostyled letter SIGNED by H.Th. WIJDEVELD (addressed to "D. Meinema architect [...] Leeuwarden"), dated September 1933) in which Wijdeveld informs his correspondents about the aims of the "Academie Européenne Méditerranée" and asks them to support this ambitious organisation financially. The Academie Européenne Méditerranée was a visionary project launched by Wijdeveld, Erich Mendelsohn and Amédée Ozenfant, aiming at the creation of an international artschool combining the various art disciplines and located in Cavalière along the Mediterranean Sea. The project eventually failed partly due to a bushfire destroying the extensive property of the Académie in the summer of 1934 and partly due to the uncertain political climate at the time.
AND 2 other minor publications on architecture.
- Covers sl. worn.
Foster, N. Reflections. Munich etc., Prestel, 2005, (4)textp., num. (full-p.)/ (double-p.) photogr. ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr. (w. sm. repaired tear), 4to. - AND 4 others, i.a. COMPOSITION: TORANOMON TOWERS (Tokyo, 2007, photogr. ills., orig. cl. in orig. slipcase, obl. folio) and P. GOLDBERGER, Portraits of the new Architecture (New York, 2004, photogr. ills. by R. SCHULMAN, orig. boards w. dustwr., 4to).