5381 - 5728 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Leaf cut into an octagonal shape; a few rubbed spots. = Probably Flemish school.
- White paint partly worn away. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.
- Two sm. closed spots in upper part; a few spots nibbled by silverfish.
= With collector's mark of Albert van Loock on verso (Lugt 3751).
- Laid down on mount; lower left corner cut off; old tears/ defects.
- Foxed; paper discoloured on recto.
= On blue laid paper, with part of a heraldic watermark.
- Foxed. = Pieter Claasen not found as artist or collector.
- Doubled w. thin Japanese; old creases; sl. worn.
= With foolscap watermark. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIV.
- Laid down on mount. Old middle-fold; foxed/ sl. browned. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIV.
- Closed hole in the sky; closed marginal tears and repaired section in upper right and left corner; central vertical fold; a few duststains or foxed spots.
= On laid paper with a coat of arms with a French lily and monogram WR. With a few small unfinished sketches of figures in red chalk and lead pencil.
- Trimmed and laid down on (later) laid paper; sl. (finger)soiled.
= According to an annotation on verso, sold at Hollstein & Puppel, Berlin on 4-6 of May, 1931, but no entry matches this composition (catalogue H&P online available). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXV.
- Lacks small portion of upper margin (touching the head, repaired). Corners cut-off; old horizontal fold.
= With the collector's mark of Albert van Loock on verso (Lugt 3752).
- Laid down on mount.
= On laid paper with watermark showing a bunch of grapes. With the manuscript collector's mark of Otto Wesner (1851-1921) (Lugt 2562a).
- Restored tear; vaguely foxed all over.
= On paper w. foolscap watermark. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXV.
= According to annotation on mount sold in 1986 at Sothebys. On laid paper with part of a large watermark.
- Sl. foxed. = Nice drawing in the style of A. RADEMAKER.
- Two stains near head of man; sm. tear/ paper weakness in upper edge.
= With a later attribution to Antoine Coypel on verso. With the collector's mark of Albert van Loock (Lugt 3751) on verso.
- All tipped onto mount; the two figure studies w. sm. damages due to ink-bite.
= Drawing of the Descent on paper w. (partial?) watermark with monogram CW.
- Cut out and laid down on laid paper, together tipped onto one mount; sl. soiled.