5258 - 5349 FINE ARTS - VARIA, CERAMICS, COMMERCIAL ART, DEVOTIONALIA, PAPER, PICTURE POSTCARDS, POSTERS etc.
- The leaves in the decoration w. bubbly glazing flaws and the shoulders of the vase w. scattered glazing flaws in the shape of unglazed spots.
= W.H. van Norden worked for Distel from 1898 to 1915 and from 1921 to 1923.
- One vase w. repaired cracks; otherwise fine.
= With the key to wind the clock (clock not running, but clockwork in working order). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXII.
= A fine collection comprising the earliest series.
AND 5 albums w. ±1500 Liebig 'chromos', mostly if not all after 1920.
- A few laid down. = Incl. shaped and movable/ multi-layered specimens.
ADDED: 9 others, incl. blotting papers.
- Album in poor condition.
= Contains cards by Bensdorp, Kwatta, Chocolat Delacre, Amidon Remy, Chocolat Baron-Anvers, Chicoree ala ménagère and K.F. Struve. I.a. famous men, plants, humourist scenes, famous art, children playing and topography.
= Design that accompanied the application for an advertising sign/ firm shield(?) of a The Hague shop.
AND 3 others similar, i.a. "Huishoudelijke artikelen/ Archipelbazar/ Speelgoed" (signed Alb.A.van Leeuwen", verso w. stamps etc. similar to the above and w. the address "Sumatrastraat 246" ) and "Speciaal adres voor Ger:Holl. Paling" ("Lichtreclame voor het perceel Boekhorststraat 6").
- Cracking and sl. fingersoiled. Frontcover portfolio w. some rubbed spots.
= Cf. Mouron 59. Mounted on opposite side: an offset commercial print by E. VIRTEL, for "Morlant de la Marne".
- A few w. small defects, but overall in good condition.
= Comprises i.a. "Van Nelle gebroken thee kubus"; "Van Nelle's Krul tabak"; "Van Nelle's Baai tabak"; "Van Nelle's Afternoon gebroken thee" and "Van Nelle koffie Rood Merk".
AND 1 other unopened tea pack "Goalpara Assam Thee. Pecco Souchon".
- Lid w. a few dents; bottom rusty; some scratches and sl. wear. Otherwise fine.
= Cf. Jac. Jongert 1883-1942, 'proeven is koopen', p.169 (w. variant handle).
= I.a. for Sipkes' Jamfabriek (Haarlem), La Brabanconne Sigarenfabriek, Lithografische Kunstinrichting Vernhout & van Sluijters (Haarlem) and a board display ("Alfa rolt ze toch zoo beter") for Alfa cigarette paper.
= Art deco designs probably by art students. Some names: T. Meijer (?), M. van Galen, H.K. Bos.
= Central panel depicting John the Baptist, left side panel showing St. George slaying the dragon, right side panel showing St. Demetrius of Salonica.
- A few creases in paper background.
- Horizontal middle-fold; some tears and creases in blank margins. = Rare.
AND 6 (all but one single-leaf) calendars publ. by the same: 1894, 1903, 1904, 1911 (badly foxed/ browned), 1924 and 1926 (backcover and December leaf only). - AND 1 other calender.
- A few tears, one into image and the others only in blank margin; rusty pin holes from former framing in margins and sl. waterstained in top margin.
- Album sl. worn. = Incl. several nicely shaped/ punctured specimens.
- Some pieces dam.
- Margins of paper frayed; paper yellowed. Silk embroidery in fine condition.
= Identical image on both sides.
"S. Josephus". Gouache on paper, with broad and richly punctured ('prikkunst') decorative borders w. handcol. floral decoration, 18th cent., 26,5x14,7 cm., framed.
- Blank margins duststained.