2349 - 2864 BOTANY (incl. PRINTS and NURSERY CATALOGUES) - The Collection of Jan Meemelink (part 2)
- (Sl.) foxed; occas. browned; some plates w. horizontal fold.
= I.a. different kinds of fruit such as apples, pears and raspberries.
- Library stamps on title-p.; sl. foxed.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown; "From the author" on verso first free endpaper. Covers sl. sunned; joints at top of spine splitting.
- Owner's entry on first blank; sl. foxed. Wr. trifle frayed; closed tear in backwr.
= Rare. Pritzel 2971.
- Upper right corner of title-p. cut off; a few textp. and plates sl. foxed in margin. Two small dam. spots on backstrip.
= Cf. Pritzel 2985; not in Nissen.
- Scattered libr. stamps, otherwise fine.
Jekyll, G. Annuals and Biennials. The best annual and biennial plants and their uses in the garden. Ibid., Country Life, (1916), 1st and only ed., XIV,173,(1),(14 advert.)p., num. (tipped-in col.) plates and ills., orig. cl. w. (sl. frayed) dustwr. (sl. foxed). - AND 4 others in 6 vols., i.a. E.A. BOWLES, My Garden in Spring/ Summer/ Autumn and Winter (Newton Abbot, 1972, reprint, 3 vols., plates, orig. unif. boards w. dustwr.)
- Partly unopened; endpapers trifle foxed; sm. tears in first free endpaper, restored w. sellotape. Spine and backcover sl. stained.= Extract from Archives de Botanique, Tome III (1929), Mémoire no. 2.
Fritsch, F.E. The structure and reproduction of the Algae. Cambridge, University Press, 1949-1952, 1st and 2nd ed., 2 vols., XVII,(1),791; XIV,939p., 2 photogr. frontisp., fold. plate, num. (photogr.) ills., orig. unif. giltlettered cl.
- Binding vol. 1 sl. sunned, otherwise a fine set.
Wildeman, É. de. Flore des algues de Belgique. Brussels/ Paris, A. Castaigne/ P. Klincksieck, 1896, XXXVIII,(2),485p., ills., contemp. giltlettered blue hcl. - AND 7 others, i.a. G. MANGENOT, Recherches sur les constituants morphologiques du cytoplasma des algues (Paris, 1922, 16 plates, ills., contemp. giltlettered hcl.)
- Textp. sl. foxed; plates partly trifle foxed and occas. sl. stained (mostly in lower out blank margin). Spine-ends rubbed.
= Pritzel 3128. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXII.
- Each vol. library stamp(s) on title-p. Wrappers occas. worn/ dam.
- Year III trifle foxed, endpapers worse; year IV sl. foxed. Both vols. covers sl. worn, year IV sl. worse.
= Semi-monthly journal.
- Prob. lacks a plate; browned/ foxed. Paper ticket on frontcover. = Cf. Hunt 413.
AND 5 others in 12 vols., i.a. A. DU BREUIL, Culture des Arbres et Arbrisseaux à fruits de table (Paris, 1868, woodengr. plates/ ills., tables, contemp. clothbacked boards); W. HINKERT, Gründlicher Unterricht in der practischen Obstbaumzucht (Munich, 1828, 4 fold. lithogr. plates, fold. tables, contemp. boards) and 8 issues of REVUE HORTICULE. Journal d'horticulture pratique (ibid., 1905-1913, col. lithogr. plates, ills., contemp. unif. plain wr., 4to).
- Owner's entry on first free endpaper. Binding w. a few rubbed spots.
- Some marginal waterst. Vol.1 upper joint broken; all vols. spine-ends dam./ lacking mor. letterpieces.
= Nissen, BBI 703; not in Pritzel.
- Stamp on title-p.; foxed. Wrappers worn along extremities/ w. contemp. annots.
= Rare. Pritzel 3338.
- Lacks final two pages; bookplate on upper pastedown; stamp on title-p.; one plate portion torn off, not affecting the image; sl. foxed. Wr. sl. rubbed.
= Pritzel 3371.
- Lacks one plate; plates occas. sl. cropped (partly affecting captions).
- All vols. library stamp on first free endpaper and ticket and/or stamp on title-p.; a few vols. w. sm. annots. in pen; 3 vols. w. title-p. and first lvs. repaired w. tape. All but two vols. library ticket on lower part of spine.
- New endpapers; marginal annots.; sl. foxed; a few lvs. waterstained; title-p. browned. Portion of orig. spine mounted on new leather, but partly worn away.
= Pritzel 3476.