1486 - 1758 FINE PRINTING AND ILLUSTRATED BOOKS
- All vols. (badly) foxed; 2 vols. sm. bookplate on upper pastedown; 1 vol. strengthened w. tape at hinges. Bindings sl. rubbed, mainly at spine-ends.
= With letterpress MANUSCRIPT SIGNED DEDICATION by the translator mounted on first free endpaper.
AND 1 other: H.F. CARY, The Vision of Hell by Dante Alighieri (London etc., 1903, ills. by G. DORÉ, contemp. hmor., 4to. Binding worn).
- (Badly) foxed throughout; some lvs. w. stain in outer margin; first and final few lvs. browned. Covers sl. soiled.
= Vicaire I, p.477; Leblanc p.47f.
- Bookplate (of H. Boekenoogen) on upper pastedown; extensive contemp. (unidentified) manuscript poems throughout.
- Occas. (badly) foxed; some lvs. w. waterstain in lower margin; 2 lvs. loosening. Binding sl. rubbed.
= Leblanc p.205-206.
AND 2 others, illustrated by G. Doré, Dutch text.
- All vols. (sl.) foxed; 3rd vol. waterstain and pink stain throughout in outer lower corner; endpapers browned. All vols. spine-ends dam.; corners showing; 2 vols. covers stained.
ADDED: 2 others in German.
- Spine sunned.
= One of 50 numb. copies printed on Japanese with an extra suite of the etchings. Large paper copy. Monod 3891.
= Published on occasion of the 100th anniversary of the author's death. Contains contributions printed by private presses from Leyden and surroundings, i.a. De Ammoniet, Avalon Pers, Clipeus Pers, Pers No.14 and De Uitvreter.
- Sm. owner's entry on first blank; free endpapers trifle yellowed. Cloth section on both covers sl. worn (frontcover sm. spot); vellum trifle soiled; cloth at upper edge of covers partly worn off.
= Braches 661.
= De Jong 726.
Idem. (Portfolio with 13 plates (nudes)). Ibid., idem, 1945, colophon leaf w. ill., 1 woodcut plate signed and dated in pencil, 12 "lijncliché" plates on chine appliqué, all by W.J. ROZENDAAL, printed in 50 copies by C.J. Asselbergs, loose as issued in orig. cloth portfolio w. mounted title-piece w. ill. by W.J. ROZENDAAL, 4to.
- Colophon leaf partly yellowed. Frontcover portfolio sl. warped.
Maerlant, J. van. De eenhoorn. Ibid., idem, 1954, (12)p., woodengr. vignette by J.B. SLEPER, typography by S.H. de Roos, printed in 300 copies, orig. wr.
- One leaf sl. stained/ foxed. Backstrip worn/ sl. dam. and w. title written in ballpoint; wr. sl. stained.
AND 1 other: J. LEVIN, Skazanie o vorone (New York, 1945, woodcut ills. and orig. wr. by J. LEVIN).
= Centum Nec Plura I. One of 25 copies for the author and illustrator. This copy inscribed by the author(?) "Mede van den drukker Charles Nypels", to Pyke Koch. Van Laar 140.
- Spine broken.
= This edition not in the usual reference works, but see Gay/ Le Monnyer I, p.740 for the original edition.
- All vols. bindings sl. chafed/ worn along extremities.
= A. de Nerciat, Le Doctorat impromptu (plates B. Saint-André); C. Pinot Duclos, Les confessions du Comte de *** (plates P. Leroy); G. d'Aucour, Thémidore (plates R. Serres).
- Bookplate (Marcus Crahan) on upper pastedown. Upper joint neatly restored.
= One of 13 deluxe copies on Hahnemühle ("nr. XI"), interleaved, bound in full overlapping vellum by Karli Frigge (gilt stamp "hier werkte Karli Frigge" on lower pastedown), w. tipped-in typescript colophon.
Idem. Enkele Gedichten. The same work, a copy of the regular trade ed., orig. wr. (sm. owner's entry of Tom van Deel on htitle).
= First separate edition of the author's debut from Criterium, year 1945-1946, no.5.
Idem. Hun gratie is verborgen. Amst., De Lange Afstand, 1991, 1st ed., 37,(2)p., ills. by C.J. VAN GEEL, printed in 60 copies (50), orig. wr., large 8vo. - AND 9 others by/ on the same, all printed in a limited (numb.) edition, i.a. Tussen seizoenen (The Hague, 1961, 1st ed., printed in 100 copies, orig. boards. Mint, but unnumb. and unsigned copy) and 5 works printed by SER J.L. PROP.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown. = Sievers/ Waldmann p.46.
Hardenberg, K. Graf von. Rosenkreuz und Bafomet. Darmstadt, Gesellschaft Hessischer Bücherfreunde, 1932, 57,(4)p., woodcut frontisp. and ills. by A. REICHMANN, printed in 400 numb. copies (370), orig. giltlettered hvellum w. gilt ornament on both covers, t.e.g.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown; endpapers trifle foxed.
- Free endpapers yellowed from offsetting of pastedowns; bookplate on upper pastedown.
= Chanticleer 75: "The first of the 'Saddle-back' Cockerells"; E.R. Gill, A Bibliography of Eric Gill 20.
ADDED: Hudson, S. Céleste and other sketches. N.pl., The Blackamore Press, 1930, 101,(3)p., 6 full-p. woodengr. ills. by JOHN NASH, printed in 700 numb. copies, orig. gilt cl.
- First and last few lvs. vaguely foxed. Bookplate (of W.H.E. Baron van der Borch van Verwolde) on upper pastedown.
- From the collection of H. MARSMAN (w. his owner´s entry in pencil on title). Hinges broken; all lithogr. plates loose; occas. trifle/ sl. foxed. Paper over boards browned; two sm. dents in frontcover.
= One of an unspecified number of copies, bound in half cloth but with the twelve lithogr. plates SIGNED (1x) or MONOGRAMMED (11x) in pencil by WALTER GRAMATTÉ. Also with AUTOGRAPH SIGNED DEDICATION by the artist on verso htitle. Die Graphischer Bücher, Bd. 3. Jentsch 90. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXVIII.