3486 - 4552 FINE ARTS - MODERN ART. PRINTS, DRAWINGS, PAINTINGS and SCULPTURE
- One of the unfolded lithographs w. sm. vague stain in blank margin; frontcover of the book a few sm. scratches. Otherwise (very) fine.
= Comprises texts by A. Frénaud, Lucebert, R.W.D. Oxenaar and B. Schierbeek. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE II.
- Lithograph w. a few foxed spots. = Slagter p.25 and 93.
- Sl. yellowed and foxed. = Karshan 25.
- Sl./ trifle foxed.
= Modern enlarged reprint after the linocut (cf. Bool/ Broos 125).
AND a modern facs. print of a leaf from The Next Call by H.N. WERKMAN.
- Trifle dustsoiled; verso rubbed spots in corners from former tipping-in. This lot is subject to 4% resale royalties ('droit de suite') over the total amount of hammerprice and buyer's premium.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE III.
WITH a photograph, showing "Europa's Zukunftskarte" (13x18 cm.) and 2 pen and ink drawings by Arntz of the same (but stylized) map (both 12,5x16,7 cm.; 1x w. (later?) ms. title "Die Kriegsziele Hitler's") as used in the background of the above drawing (blank upper left and lower right corner of 1 drawing sl. dam.).
- Blank margins foxed and frayed.
Witjens, J.W.H. (1884-1962). "Rijn bij Arnhem". Drawing, pencil and col. crayon, 17,5x36,5 cm., signed "Willem Witjens", titled and "10-4-1918".
- Browned; pin-holes in corners.
AND 6 others, i.a. by A. MAUVE and J.H. WIJSMULLER.
- Some vague waterstaining.
AND a print after a painting of the Battle of Arnhem by D. SHEPHERD (signed and numb. in pencil).
- Blank margins foxed; waterst. in left blank margin. = Petit 322.
- Laid down. Otherwise fine.
= One of several caricatures of doctors of the Paris Medical Faculty by the former law and medicine student Adrien Barrère. The doctors are identified as Paul SEGOND, Jules DEJERINE, Félix DE LAPERSONNE, Louis LANDOUZY, Philippe GAUCHER, Gabriel-Edouard BRISSAUD, Augustin GILBERT, Paul RECLUS, Georges ROGER, Odilon LANNELONGUE, Jean LE DENTU, Charles RICHET, Edouard KIRMISSON, Louis TERRIER.
= Emma Barzini was the daughter of Luigi Barzini, a famous Italian journalist and later senator. She worked with him for the New York newspaper «Corriere dAmerica» (1923-1931) and experienced the Spanish civil war in the Republican territory because she was married to a colonel of the aviation who found himself fighting against Franco. She later wrote a book on Spain which was illustrated with some of her paintings (publ. Milan, 1966).