5741 - 5828 FINE ARTS - OPTICAL VIEWS and related prints and objects
- Sl. soiled and a few brown spots in sky area; waterstained in lower corners; margins frayed/ dogeared.
AND: "Vuë du Chateau Royal de Monceaux du coté du village". Contemp. handcol. engr. optical view by J. RIGAUD, 22x47 cm., mounted on limp board, w. black painted borders, engr. caption below the image, Paris, n.publ., ±1760.
- Sl. soiled in sky area; waterstained in lower corners; margins frayed/ dogeared.
AND 2 others, i.a. "Vue Perspective du canal de Chantilly".
- The second view very vaguely waterstained in left corners, otherwise fine copies.
= Three of four views of Vicenza by Probst. Sixt v. Kapff K 173-175. Especially the view of the Piazza della Biava is very lively, with a theatre performance on a stage, people dancing to the music of a band, vendors selling masks, and other people (in costume) having fun.
- Some soiling/ tiny stains in sky area. Not examined outside of frame.
- French captions above possible cut off. = Sixt v. Kapff K256.
- Trimmed near the captions (address etc. eliminated); small number in ballpoint in left blank margin.
= Sixt v. Kapff K256.
ADDED: "De Binnen Amstel, van de blaauwe brug naa het Diaken huys te zien tot Amstelodam" (trimmed to borderline/ captions).
- Sl. foxed/ soiled in margins; mounted under passepartout.
= Ingalls 148, 149, 151. Copy in reverse of the prints by Probst around 1730 (cf. Sixt v. Kapff K 411, 412 and 414).
- All trimmed to/ near borderline/ captions and doubled w. limp board; some spotting; the Feuer Thurn w. sm. portion of upper right corner torn off.
= Sixt v. Kapff K417, K418 and K421.