5741 - 5828 FINE ARTS - OPTICAL VIEWS and related prints and objects
- A few sm. closed tears in blank margins; trifle stained.
ADDED 3 others: "Vue de la Maison de Plaisance de son Eminence le Prince de Corsini à Florence; pris du côté du jeu de Boulle" (Paris, Chereau. Nice view of the Baroque Villa Corsini a Castello, with a lively scene of 'jeu de boules' being played in the foreground), "Prospect der Kauffmans Halle in der Fenchurch Strasse zu London" (Augsb., l'Academie Imperiale) and "Veduta d'una Battaglia di mare" ((Augsb., Probst). Part of captions cut off).
- Waterstain in image and left blank margin.
ADDED: "Vue du Superbe Jardin du Palais Pite nouvellement fait par l'archiduc de l'eaupol D autriche" (Paris, Basset).
- Some creasing; tear in sky area of "Abend".
= Remarkable prints, probably stage designs, with uncommon address.
AND 1 other: "Die über die Sieger siegende Liebe" (contemp. handcol. optical view by P.G. PINZ after L. BURNACINI, Augsb., ±1750. Fine).
= In 19th cent. wrapping paper w. manuscript "No.15 Boekbinderij". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CL.
- Lid lacks right rim; rubbed along extremities; front scene soiled.
= Showing a carnaval procession in a German city. Hyde, Paper Peepshows, no.99 and p.36. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CL.
- One paper bellow repaired on fold, other bellow w. sm. tear in fold. Scenes all in (very) fine condition. Sleeve worn and defective in corners.
= Rare peepshow published for tourists visiting the baths in Cheltenham, showing a famous walk towards the bathhouses. Hyde, Paper Peepshows, no.226 or 227. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLI.
- Fingersoiled and thumbed in upper edge. Sleeve soiled and lower corners dam.
= Hyde, Paper Peepshows, no.18.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLI.
= Not in Hyde.
= Very rare. Hyde, Paper Peepshows, no.40. Hyde suggests the publisher could be Mallez ainé. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLII.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLII.
- Paper remnants on front scene near side margins. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLIII.
- Box stained and rubbed spots. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLIII.
- Sl. fingersoiled.
= Nice lively scene with a i.a. girl chasing a cat that stole some food. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLIV.
- One figure in 2nd scene lacks head; paper remnants on recto front scene; brown stains in right margin, only just touching the image.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLIV.
- Front scene w. paper remnants along outer margins.
- With central fold; sl. foxed, mostly along blank margins.
= Extremely rare uncut sheet with the title and the final perspective scene showing Polish dancing bears.
- Worn along extremities.
= Nice and rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CLV.
- Without the orig. slipcase; frontcover w. creases and fingersoiled; covers rubbed/ sl. worn along extremities.
= Hyde, Paper Peepshows, no.85; cf. Hyde plate XXXIII, w. similar piece of wallpaper mounted on verso. Showing the Rhine from Bingen to Boppart with the Lorelei on the backscene.