5052 - 5316 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Waterstain in upper left corner; a few sm. brown stains; mounted paper remnant in lower right corner.
= With the collector's mark of Mathias Polakovits on recto (Lugt 3561).
AND 1 ornamental drawing in pen and black ink and grey wash from the same collection.
- Verso traces of former mounting in upper and lower margin. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCV.
- Trifle creased. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCVI.
- Both drawings doubled w. Japanese, repairing some marginal tears; both w. several dam. spots in image; both lack sm. part of lower right corner and of right upper part; dampstained/ sl. mouldy.
= On paper with Pro Patria watermark. Views of the front with the entrance gate and the back with a view on the garden and fountain.
AND 1 other anonymous 18th cent. drawing of castle Loevesteijn (dam.).
- Trifle foxed; w. a few soiled spots. = With a circular watermark showing i.a. a crown.
- Laid down on contemp. paper (tipped onto mount); one tiny hole in house on the left and w. one brown spot; paper flaws or creases in upper left corner; sl. soiled.
- Flattened vertical and horizontal fold; sm. tears along left margin; lacks sm. portion of upper right corner; brown stain in sky area; tiny green spot in hill on the right.
- Remnants of glue and paper from former passepartout on recto, occas. touching framing line; vertical crease along left margin.
- Sl. rubbed. Mount sl. foxed.
- A few sm. dam. spots.
= Charming sl. naïve painting. Title supplied on typescript label on verso (exhibited at the Scottish Arts Council). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCVI.
- A few sm. brown stains; horizontal fold near upper edge. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCV.
- Sl. stained; one design w. a few holes in lower corners.
- Sl. foxed; brown(ish) stains.
AND 2 smaller contemporary ornamental drawings.
- A few unobtrusive weak folds in both drawings; a few specks in first drawing; second drawing fingersoiled in left margin and sl. stained in lower margin.
= Attractive sl. naive renderings of the original prints as used in the Atlas van alle de Zee-havens der Bataafsche republiek, Amst., P. Yver etc., 1781.
- Sl. scratched; doubled; under passepartout.
- Sl. yellowed; verso (dust)soiling.
= In the style of WYBRAND HENDRIKS (1744-1831). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCVII.
- Small hole centre upper edge. = Design for or after a print for the Danish instrument maker G.F. Brander.
AND 1 red pencil drawing by M. DU PLANIER.