4845 - 5051 FINE ARTS - VARIA, DEVOTIONALIA, OLYMPICS, PAPER, PICTURE POSTCARDS, POSTERS, TEXTILES etc.
- Vertical and horizontal folds; edges occas. sl. frayed; pinholes in corners.
= Possibly designs for a poster made for the Arbeidsbeurs.
= Showing the work "Rathaus von Swinemunde".
- Rolled. = Restrike by Gilles Derain.
= Both posters SIGNED in black felt-tip writer by both artists.
- A few sm. marginal tears (1x affecting image); a few sm. scratches/ dam. spots.
Baldauf, J. (1853-1926). "Ville de Bruxelles. Société "Le Martinet" a l'occasion de son 25e anniversaire Concours national d'Angoulême 3102 pigeons lâchés le 16 Juin 1912 a 6 Hres 50; Vent-Ouest-Clair". Col. lithogr. poster, 55,5x46 cm., signed "JBaldauf 1909" on the stone, without address, 1912.
- Rubbed/ dam. spots in corners and outer blank margins.
= With manuscript entries, awarding the "577e" prix d'honneur to Mr. "Cupis Schaerbeek".
ADDED: 4 others, i.a. K. BISSCHOP VAN TUINEN, "Diersoorten, nuttig voor landbouw of houtteelt" (3 large col. lithogr. (school-)plates showing birds, Zwolle, late 19th cent.).
- Sl. frayed w. a few small closed tears.
= Facs. reprint of the handcol. linocut poster for a performance of Tristan Tzara ("lira de ses oeuvres et un manifeste dada") in Zurich 23 July 1918, publ. around 1998 in a small number of copies. Cf. Ilk CR28.
AND a col. photolithograph facs. on heavy paper of a drawing by WASSILY KANDINSKY (51x66 cm. Yellowed; some vague creases and folds).
- Sunned. = After the original lithograph by the same.
= Supplied in 2 copies (both rolled).
- Sm. portion in left margin loose. Otherwise fine.
= Rare propaganda poster satirizing English interference in the Soviet-Polish war. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXVII.
- All formerly rolled.
- Lower left corner badly frayed/ lacking portions (affecting letters).
- Lower left corner lacks portion; a few marginal tears; paper brittle.
= Very rare Russian civil war-era caricatural poster based on Repin's Volga Boatmen. Text in Ukrainian. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXVIII.