4628 - 4844 FINE ARTS - JAPANESE PRINTS, DRAWINGS and ILLUSTRATED BOOKS, ORIENTAL and TRIBAL ARTS
- Accurate copy after the original woodblock; colours sl. faded; trifle/ sl. yellowed/ soiled; vague horizontal fold/ crease along upper margin; verso w. some remnants of former tipping-on in lower margin.
= From the series Shokoku taki meguri (A Tour of Waterfalls in Various Provinces). Cf. Forrer 40.
- Some sl. occas. rubbing and flaked spots.
= Verso frame w. handwritten annot. (partly rubbed) by the former owner, the Dutch painter Rudolf Bonnet: "Dewali feest aan het hof van Vimsingh van Mewar (Udaipur) Begin 18e [sic] eeuw. Coll. R. Bonnet". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVI.
= Exceptionally large drawing.
- Wrappers rubbed/ worn. Contents fine.
= Attractive plates of birds, fowl, fish and rocks.
- Sl. yellowed along margins from former passepartout. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVI.
- Fine copies.
- Under passepartout along outer margins; trifle foxed. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVII.
= The journalist is here seen reporting on the Satsuma Rebellion of 1877. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVII.
- Three woodcuts with (sl.) spotting in margins. Otherwise fine.
- Both top corners gluestained in blank margin; thin spots in lower blank margin.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVII.
- Old creases all over.
- Browned, outer margins laid down under passepartout.