4628 - 4844 FINE ARTS - JAPANESE PRINTS, DRAWINGS and ILLUSTRATED BOOKS, ORIENTAL and TRIBAL ARTS
- A few foxed spots and a few light stains; doubled. = Attractive scroll.
AND 2 other kakejiku (A flowering branch) (doubled) and (Pots under a shrub) (creased and with some stains; doubled).
- Browned; some creases outside image in top and lower margin (one vague horizontal crease in image) and waterstained in top margin (not affecting image); doubled.
AND 4 other kakejiku (2x badly browned), i.a. (A fisherman on a lake in a mountainous landscape) (remounted with some horizontal creases; sl. yellowed; doubled) and (A man climbing a steep path in the mountains) (some horizontal creases; yellowed; doubled).
- Some vague creases from rolling; a few foxed spots and a few sm. light stains.
AND 2 other kakejiku (A mountainous landscape) and (Three cranes) (both browned and creased).
- Some (closed and open) wormholes in image of all three scrolls (partly unobtrusive); all three scrolls w. horizontal creases.
- Scattered faded specks. Possibly a later copy.
- Image trifle creased.
- One scroll w. big wormholes in image (the other few small wormholes); both scrolls with creases.
Toyohiko, Okamoto (1773-1845). (Xi Wangmu). Kakejiku (hanging scroll), handpainted on paper within dec. silk border, 113x36 cm. (image), 183,5x51,5 cm. (total size), signed Toyohiko w. artist's stamp, rolled on jikugi, in wooden box.
- Image creased.
- Some horizontal creases from rolling. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXI.
- A few vague creases and a few sm. white specks in image; 2 small holes in green silk.
- Sl. rubbed in part of margins.
- Sl. overall creasing; final drawing some wormholes (mainly outside illustration).
- Both trifle foxed.
- Sl. fingersoiled in lower corners.
- Both prints with brown stains. The second woodcut cut trifle short in left margin.
- Both fine.
AND a col. woodcut chuban on two joined leaves by KUNIYOSHI: (Woman having intercourse while smoking a pipe).
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXII.