4628 - 4844 FINE ARTS - JAPANESE PRINTS, DRAWINGS and ILLUSTRATED BOOKS, ORIENTAL and TRIBAL ARTS
- Blank margins occas. thin and restored; sl. waterstained in blank margins; restored in upper left corner of image; unnumbered copy.
= The New Wave 265. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVIII.
= From the series Massakari Edo no Hanagata (Star Actors of Edo at their Height).
= On the publisher's seal: Marks 22-002/ 459c
- Fine copy.
- Album-backing; the sheets attached w. scotch tape; some sl. bleeding of red colour; trifle soiled.
- Backed w. yellowed Japanese.
= Shows four actors (the ones in front: Ichikawa Shindo, Ichikawa Jorozado and Ichikawa Danjuro), one with a child and two wrestling with each other, partly in front of a fence with a roof with snow.
- Trifle soiled; a few very small stains; collector's stamp in lower left corner ("Collection BR").
Idem. (Onnagata holding a comb to her coiffure). Col. woodcut ôban, signed Kunichika hitsu w. Toshidama ring, publisher unread, censor seal (1867).
- Doubled w. thin Japanese; small part of collector's stamp in lower margin ("Collection BR").
- Doubled. = The right-hand sheet of a triptych.
- Formerly partly mounted, w. wrinkled areas and sl. staining; a few sm. marginal tears; possibly sl. cut short in upper margin.
- Fine copies.
- Fine copy, colourful print.
AND another portrait of two actors by the same (fine copy, strong colours).
- Trifle/ sl. stained.
AND an anonymous(?) actor's memorial portrait (of Bandô Mitsugorô?) (doubled, closing some mainly marginal wormholes).
- Trifle creased; a few tiny specks.
= From a series depicting half-length actors in female roles in front of flowers.
- Sl. fingersoiled in lower and upper margin.
- Backed w. thin printed paper w. Japanese text; sm. dam. spot in upper left corner. = Part of a triptych.
Idem. (Bijin under a roof pulling on someone else's sash). Col. woodcut ôban, signed Toyokuni ga in (yellow/ blue) toshidama cartouche, publisher Tsutaya Kichizô, date seal (1858).
- Fine copy, part of a triptych.
- Vague stain and very small part of collector's stamp in lower left corner.
Idem. (Actor standing on the deck of a ship, another actor kneeling behind him and holding a sword upright). Col. woodcut ôban, signed Toyokuni ga w. toshidama ring, publisher Yamamotoya Heikichi, Yoshimura/ Kinugasa censor's seals (early 1849).
- Trifle spotted; sl. soiled/ stained in corners; very small part of collector's stamp in lower left corner.
- Small (worm)hole in lower (blank) corner, otherwise fine.
= From the series Seisho Nanatsu Iroha (The seven Variations of the Iroha), each print of which giving 7 different syllabic variants of a certain syllable.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVIII.
- Trifle/ sl. foxed; small wormhole in upper right corner.
- Fine and colourful copy, probably part of a triptych.