3273 - 4355 FINE ARTS - MODERN ART. PRINTS, DRAWINGS, PAINTINGS and SCULPTURE
- Some creases in outer blank corners from former mounting.
AND 4 others, incl. 2 double-page col. lithogr. bookillustrations by A. CALDER, published by Maeght.
- Left margin trimmed just inside the borderline.
= Published in 1938 for the VERY RARE XXE SIECLE ISSUE NO. 4. A later edition was issued in 1959, but this is the original, first edition of Giorgio de Chirico's linocut (the 1959 edition has an inscription on verso with the artist's name).
AND 3 others, i.a. lithographs by CHAGALL (from J. LASSAIGNE, Chagall) and A. CLAVÉ.
= 1972 facsimile reprint of the famous 1923 collage.
= From the estate of Constant Anton Nieuwenhuys.
= Preparatory drawing for the publisher's vignette of De Arbeiders Pers. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE IX.
- All rolled.
= Harold Cohen was a pioneer in algorithmic/ generative art. His AARON system involved a small robot (his "turtle") equipped with a felt tip pen. Provenance: the collection of Remko Scha.
- Sl. foxed and with a few sm. creases in right margin; with printer's mark in vague pencil in lower margin.
= The design for the frontwrapper of F. KELK, Een illustratie van vrijheid (Amst., 1974).
- Verso some soiling. = Not in Van der Horst.
- Creased in left and right (mainly blank) margin; sl. yellowed/ thumbed.
- Foxed, especially in blank margins. = Schwarz 55.
AND 2 drawings by ERICH GRUNNER (nude; monogrammed) and A. BURGER (Seated man), both mounted under passepartout.
- Some foxing; scratch in the hair of Andromeda; broad blank margins partly waterst. / mouldy.
- Sl. yellowed. = Donkersloot-Van den Berghe 202.
- Sl. yellowed; some vague handling creases, especially in lower blank margin.
= Donkersloot-Van den Berghe 202.
= Published on occasion of the opening of "Sony City" in 1993. In the orig. paper portfolio.
Fioole, P. (b.1943). "Skylight I." "Midnight skylight". Two colour silkscreens, both 31,5x38 cm., both signed "Piet Fioole 1982", titled and resp. "19/20" and "16/20" in pencil. - AND 2 other col. silkscreens by the same: "Lucht boven B" and "On top of a red roof".
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE X.