1953 - 2162 CHILDREN'S BOOKS - MOVABLE BOOKS, POP-UP AND SHAPE BOOKS
- Frontcover and textlvs. waterstained in upper part.
AND 8 other similar pop-up books illustrated by the same.
- A very fine copy.
= Rare anthroposophic movable book, in which 6 illustrations are hidden behind a hinging flap with a paper lock.
- A fine copy.
- One plate detached. Sm. tear in foot of spine; outer boardedge backcover w. two sm. tears. = Later edition.
- Some annots. in pencil; bookblock reattached w. cl. tape. Backstrip split on upper joint; boards sl. browned.
= Later edition, first edition was published in 1926.
- Sl. fingersoiled; all plates need reattaching along outer edge(s); all hinges strengthened w. tape. A sm. tear in top of spine.
AND 1 other by the same: Van Avond tot Morgen (Dornach, 1969. Later edition).
- Lower endpaper w. sm. owner's stamp in lower corner. Sl. rubbed along extremities. Otherwise a fine copy.
Cinderella. Moving Picture Book. (Ibid., idem), (±1930), (6)p., 4 movable col. lithogr. plates, text-ills., orig. clothbacked boards w. mounted chromolithogr. plate on frontcover, large 8vo.
- Lower endpaper w. sm. owner's stamp in lower corner. Sl. rubbed along extremities. Otherwise a finy copy.
- Upper hinge starting. Otherwise a very fine copy. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIII.
- Sl. worn. .
AND 1 other cardboard panorama viewer.
- Loosening; sm. waterstain in upper margin title-p.; all tabs torn off; plates w. some (marginal) (sm.) tears (4x lacking sm. portion of movable parts); none of the plates in working order. Frontcover scratched and cracked in upper margin; both covers sl. soiled; corners showing; backstrip sunned.
= Krahé 13; Ries p.714, 116; Friedrich/ Katzenheim p.137f. First French edition of Aufgepaßt!.
- Large tear in first textleaf; contents loose; 1 plate movable section dam. (but restorable); 1 plate needs sl. restoration of moving mechanism; 1 plate sl. dam. in lower margin; a few closed tears in images; metal hinges of movable mechanism rusting; some plates open (apparently some earlier repairs have been made). Spine pasted over w. cloth; corners worn.
= Krahé 42; Ries p.710, 22; Friedrich/ Von Katzenheim p.150-152.
- Sl. foxed; some sections lacking, replaced by reproductions; a few sections dam. and repaired; w. added cut-out figures; the outer leaf reattached w. tape. Boards w. rubbed spots; first joint pasted over w. cl.; other joints repaired near spine ends.
= This copy with two scenes not present in Krahé p.82-83; Friedrich/ von Katzenheim p.159. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIII.
- Poor copy, several parts dam. and a few missing; bookblock loose; lacks title-p.; sl. foxed; most plates not in working order. Paper over backboard for the greater part torn off; frontcover soiled and creased; spine worn.
= Krahé 90; Ries p.712f, 72; Friedich/ Von Katzenheim p.210-211. First French edition of Lustiges Automaten-Theater.
- Contents loose; upper hinge strengthened w. cloth; one plate w. large tear; two plates lack sm. pieces (two still present); one plate lacks pulling tab; one plate defective; a few plates w. sm. tears near pulling tabs; occas. ruststains on opposite page from metal coils; occas. foxed and fingersoiled. Lacks spine; boards worn.
= Krahé 66 and Ries p.711, 38; Friedrich/ Von Katzenheim p.181-183. The rare first edition. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIV.
- One plate defective and w. movable piece reattached w. sellotape; one pulling tab almost entirely torn off; plates w. some (very) sm. tears (mainly near pulling tabs); sl. dustsoiled. Cover sl. worn; a few sm. stains on frontcover.
= The first movable book by Lothar Meggendorfer, very often republished. Krahé 79; cf. Ries p.710, 2; Friedrich/ Von Katzenheim p.203-205. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIV.
- Bookblock broken; contents loosening; all plates w. marginal (large) tears (mostly along pulling tabs) (sometimes crudely repaired), but all plates in working order; a few ruststains on opposite page from metal coils; lower hinge strengthened; sl. fingersoiled. Rebacked; boards sl. worn.
= Krahé 80 and Ries p.710, 10; Friedrich/ Von Katzenheim p.205-206. The rare first edition. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVII.