1953 - 2162 CHILDREN'S BOOKS - MOVABLE BOOKS, POP-UP AND SHAPE BOOKS
- Hinges weak/ splitting (2x repaired w. scotch tape); two plates w. large tears; a few pop-ups w. (sm.) defects and lacking some sm. portions; sl. soiled. Frontcover lacks lower corner; worn along extremities.
= Ries p.957, 33; Haining p.103f. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.
- Bookblock loose; lacks 1 figure and 5 accessories; title-p. duststained. Binding rubbed; spine w. worn spots.
- Boards sl. soiled; corners rubbed.
- A few sm. tears in dustwr. = Montanero p.516.
- One pulling tab torn off; sl. (finger)soiled. Bindings rubbed along extremities; frontcover loose but reattached w. sellotape.
= Montanero p.516.
AND 16 others, all movable books, illustrated and animated by the same, including 6 French editions, i.a. Popeye And The Pirates (New York, ±1945), Jack And The Beanstalk (New York, ±1949), Rip van Winkle (London, ±1947), The Night Before Christmas (New York, 1949) and Le Chat Botté (Paris, ±1948).
- One leaf w. paperflaw; one movable figure missing his head. Spine-ends restored w. paper.
= Montanero p.516.
- A few figures sl. folded/ repaired. Corners trifle rubbed; frontcover trifle foxed. Otherwise fine.
= "Nürnberger Bilderbücher Nr.25a". Stuck-Villa II, 349. Very rare and very attractive picture book, showing the daily life in a small town, i.a. a market, shopkeepers, a class-room and a restaurant. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIV.
- Bookblock broken; a few scratches. A few figures sl. folded. Sl. worn along extremities. Otherwise fine.
= "Nürnberger Bilderbücher Nr.IA". Stuck-Villa II, 349. No sale/ auction records found of the first edition. Very rare and very attractive picture book, showing the daily life in a small town, i.a. a market, shopkeepers, a class-room and a restaurant. SEE ILLUSTRATION ON TITLE-PAGE.
= "Nürnberger Bilderbücher Nr.IA". - A few figures sl. folded (2x dam.). Joints splitting; frontcover soiled; corners showing.
- Trifle foxed; a few annots. in pencil; one textleaf, htitle and title-page reattached w. tape. Rubbed along extremities.
= Rare work, with plates which, when folded open and held to the light, reveal additional images.