1953 - 2162 CHILDREN'S BOOKS - MOVABLE BOOKS, POP-UP AND SHAPE BOOKS
- Most plates dam. in corners; fold. sections, wrappers and leaves reattached w. tape. Sold w.a.f.
= Very rare transformation books, containing in total 4 stories: Le petit Poucet; Le petit chaperon rouge; Robinson Crusoe and Le chat botté.
- A few (ink?)stains. Otherwise a fine copy.
- Split(ting) on folds.
= Curious publication, consisting of two fold. leaves w. 4 plates each (8x6 cm.), which may be folded in such a way as to present each figure within the frame. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXI.
- Not in working order.
= "Durch gelindes Erwärmen verändert sich das Bild, durch Erkalten verschwindet es wieder. Die Erwärmung kann beliebig oft stattfinden".
Magic-Picture Book. Bilder-Zauberei. Livre de la Magie graphique. (Nürnb., Täuber & Geck), n.d. (±1900), (42)p. (incl. 6 blank), col. ills., orig. col. pict. wr., sm. 8vo.
- Poor copy. Sold w.a.f.
AND 3 other small magic books.
- Hinges weak; sl. thumbed. Spine sl. sunned and stained; frontcover sl. soiled/ scratched; corners showing.
= Curious pictures of i.a. a circus director, ballerina, acrobat, clown, dog, singer and an ape. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXII.
- Owner's entry on final pastedown. Sl. rubbed along extremities. = So called heads-bodies-legs book.
Idem. Têtes Folles. Animees Par 32 Dessins. Paris, Le Livre Universel, 1948, 32 plates consisting of 3 movable flaps each and orig. pict. ringbound boards by W. TRIER.
- Some scribblings in pencil; sl. foxed. Bindings sl. soiled. = Same work as above.
AND 2 others similar Introva Draaiboek (±1950) and Hokus Pokus Hidibus (1949).
- Lacks 2 cut-out figures (no. 3 & 5); 2 joints split (repaired w. cl. tape) and one joint splitting; soiled; one sm. tear in the flap of the rearpocket; rubbed/ sl. worn along extremities.
- Joints split(ting); boardedges sl. rubbed; flap w. (repaired) tears and pocket detached at lower edge.
AND 2 others by Father Tuck, i.a. The Busy Seaport. Scenic Panorama Book (±1950).
- First leaf loose; one slot lacking sm. portion of paper; one figure w. repaired head. Backcover sl. soiled
= Edition "No. 8587".
- Lacks 1 figure (no.5); figure no. 13 lacks part. Joints split(ting); sl. soiled; flap w. closed tears.
= ''The elder Tuck's benevolent attitude towards everybody he met, young or old, was perpetuated by the legend to be found in many of his books, 'Father Tuck' (...)'' Haining p. 37.
- One female figure lacks head; hinges splitting. Sm. tear in flap of backcover (w. printed instructions).
= Edition "No. 8586".
- Sl. fingersoiled; hinges sl. weak. Covers waterstained and sl. warped.
= R. Tuck's inventory no.2001. Part of the "Librairie artistique de la Jeunesse".
= Instructions on verso frontwr.: "Cut out each figure and object seperately, cutting away such portions of the surrounding frame as are not necessary, but taking care always to leave the ground, in which will be found two little slots. When the figure is cut out, find the corresponding stand and fit the figure on to the stand." Rare.
- All plates loose.
Cinderella. Scenic Panorama Book. Ibid., idem, n.d. (±1952), 8p., 4 col. lithogr. plates w. 41 numb. slots and 26 (of 41) cut-out figures and 6 textp., orig. col. lithogr. boards, obl. 4to.
- Lacks 15 figures; sl. rubbed. Spine splitting. = Haining p.86.
- Lacks one cut-out figure (no. 2); all edges and hinges strengthened w. cl. tape; the flap and the last plate repaired w. tape; slots w. a few sm. tears. A few sm. waterstains and rubbed spot on frontcover; backcover waterstained in lower part.
= Rare, near complete copy of this anthropomorphic cat's panorama, the backcover with a pocket for keeping the cut-out cat figures in as well as letterpress directions. Not in Necker.
- Textp. sl. soiled; hinge of flap strengthened w. thin paper.
- With a few sm. (dust)stains. All joints splitting; frontcover soiled and w. waterstain along lower edge; corners (sl.) worn.
= Edition "No.8598". Haining p.86-89: "This proved a very popular item and one now much sought after by collectors" (p.86). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXIII.
- Lacks 1 figure (no.15); joints splitting; flap w. tears. Worn spots on frontcover along lower edge.
= Edition "No.8598". P. Haining, Movable Books p.86-89: "This proved a very popular item and one now much sought after by collectors" (p.86).
- The orig. plates cut in various sections but figures uncut. Badly dam. envelope.
- Spine splitting.
= Nice picture-book. Rare, not in the usual reference works and no copies in NCC.
Twee goede vrienden. Ibid., idem, n.d. (±1890), 5 lithogr. textp., 4 chromolithogr. plates w. movable parts w. pulling tabs, orig. chromolithogr. stiff paper wr.
- Contents loose; two plates (partly) defective and lack movable parts. Spine dam.; lower corner of frontwr. broken off.
= Rare movable book.