1699 - 1952 CHILDREN'S BOOKS (including COMICS, DRAWINGS, GAMES AND TOYS)
= The 19th part of the series. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LX.
= The stories were originally published in 1959, no. 8 and 9 of the series. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LX.
= The 20th part of the series. The original volume was published in 1966.
= The 34th volume of the series.
= The stories were originally published in 1959, no. 6 and 7 of the series. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXI.
= Nice drawing showing a princess, animals (incl. a white panther with a ribbon around his waist), a train and children playing Indians.
AND a scraperboard engraving showing a fox, centipedes and bees, signed "v/d Walle" (15,5x19 cm.).
= Gumuchian 2302 (listing the ed. 1815).
- Unused copy, the cards still attached to each other; some occas. sl. browning/ foxing; Portfolio trifle soiled; spine rubbed/ worn.
The "Family" Compendium of Puzzles Containing a Series of Perplexing Problems to Provide Pleasure to People Possessing Patience and Painstaking Propensities. London, R. Journet, n.d. (±1940), 15 (of 18) metal parts, 3 (of 18) small letterpress rules lvs., orig. board box, mounted title-piece on lid and mounted letterpress plate w. solutions on inside lid, 24x31x3,5 cm.
- Lacks 3 parts and 15 rules lvs.; one part broken. = Nice box of disentanglement games.
- Lacks prob. 3 plates and 1 prelim. leaf(?); one plate loose.
= Lust en leering p.344; not in Huiskamp or the Children's World of Learning. Nice plates of i.a. swinging, kite-flying, skating and building a snowman. Rare, only 1 copy in NCC.
- Rusty staples; some outer corners creased. Sm. tears and chipped spots along extremities (strengthened w. tape along inside); owner's entry in ballpoint partly erased.
= Papertoys p.374. Rare, only 1 copy in NCC.
- Title partly worn off and waterstained; paper over box sl. worn along extremities.
= Papertoys p.143.
Boerenschroom. N.pl., n.publ., n.d. (±1900), 8 handcol. lithogr. cards (and 1 blank card), ±14x10,5 cm., 2 large stone dice, letterpress explanation sheet, loose in orig. wooden box w. sliding lid w. mounted handcol. lithogr. illustration, 18,5x13x3,5 cm.
- Paper over box sl. stained. = Papertoys p.72f and 296.
- Lacks one screen; pieces rubbed along extremities; title-piece dam.; box worn along extremities, one missing portion.
AND 7 others in 16 parts, i.a. a set of 5 col. offset paper masks to M. TOONDER, Panda en de gevonden schat (issued by OMO, verso w. "Wie ben ik? Hoe heet ik?" Some ears torn off but present; nose-piece of 'Panda' and 'Joris Goedbloed' missing); TAILOR OF GLOUCESTER. Beatrix Famous Character. A Jig-saw Puzzle (London/ New York, n.d. (1930s), 50 pieces, orig. board box. Pinholes in corner pieces); a set(?) of 6 jigsaw Beatrix Potter characters (each 3-6 pieces, col. offset on plywood) and WALT DISNEY'S PINOCCHIO EVENTYR TEATER (Copenhagen, n.d. (±1950), col. offset toy theater w. num. parts, together in orig. board box w. lid. Not collated) and PETER RABBIT'S RACE GAME (London/ New York, n.d. (±1940), col. offset track, mounted on three hinging pieces of board, 4 painted resin players, in orig. (dam.) board box w. lid w. mounted col. plate).
= Papertoys p.344 (this set).
- Monkey and box w. some wear.
- Internal battery not in working order.
= An early 20th cent. precursor of the Electro quiz game. The left dial is used for questions and the right dial for answers. When both dials are in the correct spots (the right answer is combined with the right question) a connection is made and the bell will ring. External battery possibly still functioning.
- A few pieces sl. worn/ creased.
= Showing the battle at Schipkapass and the battle at Plewna during the Russian-Ottoman war (1877-1878).
AND 10 miscell. stand-up figures from a different set.
- Playing field sl. foxed. Slipcase sl. rubbed along extremities; mounted titles on slipcase both dulled; title on spine slipcase chipped. Fine copy.
= Rare geographical game, testing, in three diffrerent games of 50 questions, children's geographical and general historical knowledge, with questions such as "Welches Land is das westlichste von Europa?" ("Portugal"); "Wo herrscht die gròßte Druckfreiheit" ("In London") and "Wo wird das Plattdeutsch am gewöhnlichsten gesprochen?" ("Im Königreich Hannover"). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXII.
- A few figurines sl. dam.
= Figurines depicting mostly animals and children, as well as houses, cars and a zeppelin. NV Glimfabriek was a manufacturer of polishing preparations in Overschie.
= Models of an automobile, an early ferris wheel, a locomotive, steel plated war ship and furniture for a dining room.
AND 8 other paper building models, by various publishers, ±1900-1950, i.a. Kleine Baumeister no.93 (3 dimensional panorama of a battle, Mainz, J. Scholz).