5340 - 5610 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Frame worn.
= With small ticket on verso of Kunsthandel van Lier with manuscript number: "14 T.V.K. '36".
- Unobtrusive closed hole in sky area; tiny wormhole in roof of one of the small houses.
= Attractive drawing. Attribution (in later hand) on verso. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXXI.
- Sl. yellowed; a few brown stains in lower right corner.
= With a watermark showing the coat of arms of Amsterdam.
= Identified on verso frame as "Bruder vom Maler v.d. Weele ±1880", probably meaning Herman Johannes van der Weele (1852-1930).
- A few (unobtrusive) foxed spots. = Attribution "J.B. Weenix" on verso. See RKD images.
- Browned and sl. foxed.
- Sl. yellowed and foxed.
- Foxed (mainly in upper part). = Labels from former frame with signature included.
- Probably cut short in lower margin; sl. foxed; sl. scuffed; paper discoloured in upper corners due to glue from former tipping-in; annot. on verso in pencil: "Carduus Marinus. Maria distel. Europa".
= With "P. Withoos" in old hand (by Aleida Withoos?) in lower left. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXV.