5225 - 5339 FINE ARTS - VARIA, COMMERCIAL ART, DEVOTIONALIA, PAPER, PICTURE POSTCARDS, POSTERS, TEXTILES etc.
- Lower right corner cut off and neatly reproduced; formerly folded; sl. creased; a few repaired/ strengthened spots on verso.
= Jewish-Hungarian artist Laszlo Péri (born Ladislas Weisz) was a member of ASSO (Assoziation Revolutionärer Bildener Künstler Deutschlands). He emigrated to Great Britain in 1933. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
= Nice art deco design.
= Nice art deco design.
- Formerly folded into 16 sections, for the purpose of posting it: one section w. on verso the recipient's address and a 2 ct. stamp w. post stamp dated 1950; a few tears on fold repaired w. sellotape on verso; a few sm. (water)stains.
- Laid down on linen-backed paper; rolled; cracked/ dam. spot at upper edge.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
= Maan, p.122. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
- With a few sl. soiled creases.
= Posters by PETER BLAKE, ARNULF RAINER, JIRI KOLÁR and GIULIO PAOLINI.
AND 2 other posters.
= Photograph by Ad Petersen. WITH 4 unsigned copies.
- Tear in left margin. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCI.
Idem. "Visitez l'Espagne". Drawing, gouache on paper, 55x38 cm., signed "Vandeveugle Léon" in pencil. - AND 3 others similar by the same: "Chassez un Martini", "Croisade de l'air pur" and "Cormoran fou" (signed "Vandeveugle '51" in pencil).
- A few sl. frayed, mostly fine.
= I.a. for initiative 'Stop de Neutronenbom' and 'Stop de kernwapenwedloop' during the eighties.
- A few brown (water) stains.
- Yellowed, otherwise in very fine condition. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
- Partly creased and sl. foxed/ yellowed.
= Pieces of paper money, instituted as the official currency during the French Revolution and representing the value of the church properties, which were confiscated by the state in 1790.
- Fine copy, trifle soiled/ stained (mainly in outer margins).
= A call for support from the people in the struggle of the Leidsche katoenmaatschappij to avert the consequences of the interrupted delivery of cotton due to the first World War. It asks people to consider to make use of the possibility to let their bleached and/ or rough cotton be printed by the Leidsche Katoenmaatschappy and lists a number of possible items to be printed, such as "piccolodoeken, cachenez, fancy prints, dandy doekjes, lady doekjes (...) teacosies, batikprints, sarongs, slendangs, kain pandjangs, nachtbroeken". The text (in black letterpress) surrounds two views of the interior of a cotton printing office (printed in red). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIV.
AND 1 other advertising cloth issued by the same and showing the same interior views as the above (in black on white), w. printed text above and below "Wij brengen in dit Jubileumjaar het portret van H.M. de Koningin [Wilhelmina] in den handel gedrukt op Vaandeltjes van 69x82 c.m. (...)" (50x86 cm., 1923).
- Sl. yellowed/ waterstained.
AND 1 other advertising cloth issued by the same and showing the same interior views as the above, w. extensive text calling for support from the people in the struggle of the Leidsche katoenmaatschappij to avert the consequences of the interrupted delivery of cotton due to the first World War (83x94 cm., 1918. Yellowed/ sl. soiled).
- Trimmed sl. irregularly at left and right and trifle spotted. Otherwise fine.
= Decorative cloth. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIV.
"Ter herinnering aan de vijfentwintigjarige regeering van H.M. Koningin Wilhelmina 1898-1923". Commemorative orange cotton cloth w. printed monochr. and red-white-blue dec. w. a central circular portrait of Wilhelmina surrounded by Dutch flags and a border incorporating the coats of arms of the provinces, total size 61x67 cm., without address, 1923.
- Fine copy, trifle spotted.
AND a sl. defective copy of the commemorative cloth "Ter herinnering aan Neerlands onafhankelykheid 1813 1913".
- The first cut short in right margin, affecting the laurel border; both trifle yellowed/ foxed.
AND a cloth in the colours of the Dutch flag with the printed monochr. oval portrait of Queen Wilhelmina, w. "Leve de Koningin" (61x71 cm., 1898. Unhemmed (as issued); trifle soiled/ spotted; leaft margin frayed, affecting the letter L).