5225 - 5339 FINE ARTS - VARIA, COMMERCIAL ART, DEVOTIONALIA, PAPER, PICTURE POSTCARDS, POSTERS, TEXTILES etc.
- Laid down on linen.
AND 1 other: "Käthe Kollwitz. Tekeningen-Grafiek Aug.-Sept. 1947" (Rott., Mus. Boymans).
- A few sm. marginal tears. Hole in centre near right edge; trifle duststained.
Idem. "Nederlandsche Spoorwegen Door mooi Nederland". Col. lithogr. poster, 1935, signed "Fré J Drost '35" on the stone.
- Frayed and nibbled along edges, not affecting image.
- Rolled; trifle chipped; fine copy. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XC.
- Rolled and w. two tiny tears, otherwise fine.
- Rolled and sm. tear in lower left corner, otherwise fine.
= Poster for an exhibition at the Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam.
- All rolled. The first w. ±4-5 cm. tear in lower and in left margin, occas. trifle chipped and w. pinhole in both upper corners; the other two fine, only occas. trifle chipped/ tiny marginal tear.
AND 4 other, smaller Holland Festival posters by and printed by the same, for Holland Festival 1955, 1960 and 1965, and Holland Festival Internationale Filmweek Arnhem 1961 (all rolled, otherwise fine copies).
- Rolled, otherwise fine.
AND a smaller col. offset poster by the same, for the Tulpomania exhibition at the Frans Hals Museum, Haarlem, 1974 (also rolled).
- Mounted on linen; rolled; a few cracks and tears (mainly in upper section).
- Vague diagonal fold and some vague marginal handling creases. Fine. = Maan/ Van der Ree '90, p.60.
- Trifle creased in upper right corner; lower right corner sl. affected by silverfish; some vague foxing in upper margin. Otherwise fine.
= Dooijes/ Brattinga no.203. Cf. Purvis p.128; cf. Maan '82, p.25; cf. Maan/ Van der Ree '90, p.21; cf. Broos/ Hefting p.77 (all smaller size, w. sl. variant typography). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
- Vague vertical fold.
= Purvis p.128; Maan '82, p.25; Maan/ Van der Ree '90, p.21; Broos/ Hefting p.77; cf. Dooijes/ Brattinga no.203 (larger size, w. sl. variant typography).
= Reduced size advertising leaf, identical to the poster (see the 2 preceding lots). Cf. Purvis p.128; cf. Maan '82, p.25; cf. Maan/ Van der Ree '90, p.21; cf. Broos/ Hefting p.77; cf. Dooijes/ Brattinga no.203 (w. sl. variant typography).
- A few tiny imperfections in blank margins. Fine. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
- Contents partly loose and occas. sl. foxed in blank margins; owner's entry on first free endpaper. Spine-ends and corners worn.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
- A few sm. defects. = Poster for the movie Koniec Nocy (at the end of the night) 1957.
Cieslewicz, R. (1930-1996). "Szkice wêglem" (Charcoal sketches). Col. offset poster, 1957, 120x85 cm., on 2 lvs., signed on the plate. - AND 1 other Hungarian movie poster.
- Sm. closed tear in centre
- Occas. trifle soiled. = Both designs for a poster.