5011 - 5224 FINE ARTS - JAPANESE PRINTS AND ILLUSTRATED BOOKS, ORIENTAL AND TRIBAL ARTS
- Trifle creased; trifle speckled; hashira-title worn and illegible.
= According to information accompanying the scroll, this is a map of the temple in the Wakayama prefecture. Rare.
- Wormholes throughout; some occas. staining.
= Human figures, flowering branches, animals, etc. Kanô Tan'yû was one of the leading Japanese painters of the Kanô school.
- Central scroll w. stain above mount Fuji; some worn spots in silk borders, nevertheless an attractive triptych.
- Scattered faded specks. Possibly a later copy.
- Image trifle creased.
- One scroll w. big wormholes in image (the other few small wormholes); both scrolls with creases.
Toyohiko, Okamoto (1773-1845). (Xi Wangmu). Kakejiku (hanging scroll), handpainted on paper within dec. silk border, 113x36 cm. (image), 183,5x51,5 cm. (total size), signed Toyohiko w. artist's stamp, rolled on jikugi, in wooden box.
- Image creased.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXXVI.
- Trifle creased. = Figures (poets) and 'shan shui' landscapes.
AND an anonymous makimono showing extensive genre scenes, w. unread signature and seals (late 19th cent.?, 29,5x760 cm.).
- Some sm. wormholes and other sm. damages. = 'Shan shui' landscapes.
AND an anonymous 19th cent. makimono showing sketches and studies with human figures, w. unread signature and seals (±25,5x500 cm., unbacked).
- Some sm. wormholes (sl. dam. at the beginning) and creases. = Nature studies.
AND 2 other makimono showing landscapes, both anonymous (seals unread), 1x late Meiji (±30x440 cm., on silk-covered jikugi), 1x on thin unbacked Japanese and 12,5 meters long.
- A few vague creases and a few sm. white specks in image; 2 small holes in green silk.
- Sl. rubbed/ fingersoiled in lower corner throughout.
= Hillier, The Art of the Japanese Book p.972.
= All modern restrikes, printed by Yuyudo in June 1968.
= Three small cartoon scenes: A man offering too many drinks to a woman, two women putting make made out of sweets and a garbageman interested in a lady.
= Keynes II, 275 (not listing this in the Copies section).
- Cut trifle short in left margin (affecting dec. border); bronze oxidized. Otherwise fine.
- Both fine.
- One woodcut sl. browned, otherwise fine.