3577 - 4766 FINE ARTS - MODERN ART. PRINTS, DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Tear along the platemark; some vague scratches; blank margins sl. irregularly trimmed.
AND the final state of the etching (browned). - AND 1 other etching by the same: Les Gardiens du Logis (annots. in (blue) pencil in blank margins; wrinkles).
- Outer margins mounted under (white painted) passepartout.
= From the collection of Sam Middleton.
- Sl. yellowed; sl. foxed in blank margins. = Rinder 43.
= Engels 44.
AND 2 woodcuts by G. MARCKS, both bookillustrations and later impressions.
- Outer blank margin strengthened on verso w. Japanese.
- Vaguely foxed all over; upper blank margin some soiling; lower right corner dogeared; mounted ticket on verso w. artist's name.
= No.4 from a series of 12 designs in J. Camus, Idées (Paris, A. Calavas, 1920).
AND 2 col. pochoirs by J. TOUCHET (signed and "47/140" in pencil) and J. DUCHÉ.
- Frontwr. and first leaf waterst.; spine split. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE IX.
- Occas. marginal tears; a few plates w. corners torn off; a few plates (sl.) foxed.
AND 117 frontpages of the same newspaper from the same period.
- Creases in left and right blank margin.
AND 10 other prints, partly published by the same, i.a. by J. DIEDEREN, P. STRUYCKEN, J. MARTEN and G. DE WAARD.
- Some wrinkling and foxed.