3577 - 4766 FINE ARTS - MODERN ART. PRINTS, DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Both sl. browned and mounted along edges.
- Yellowed; under passepartout.
AND 2 other prints by A.J. VAN 'T HOFF (Cockatoo) and M. VAN WANING.
- Contents fine. Covers soiled; corners showing; paper backstrip worn away.
- Paint partly very thin; canvas sl. dried, partly shining through and wobbly.
= An early, pre-Cobra work. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE VI.
- Small tear in lower right corner (7 mm.).
= Annotation in pencil (prob. by the artist) in lower right corner of passepartout: "Cat. nr. 943".
- Browned and w. some offsetting in margins. = Gaunt 117.
- Sl. yellowed. = Gaunt 71: "The plate was etched from a drawing".
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE VII.
- Recto cleaned and covered w. red resin; superficial scratch marks and rubbed spots.
= Cf. Bionda 9. From the collection of the artist Dirk Harting.
= First state of 2, before the text below the image.
- Sl. yellowed/ foxed.
AND 2 other drawings: a black crayon drawing by H. VAN DE POLL, (Woman throwing a javelin) and a church portal "Oostzyde" probably by J. VAN LIEFLAND.
= Kersten 74 and p.16.
= Kersten 121.
= Kersten 73, the 1st state.
= Kersten 184.
= Kersten 165.
= Kersten 208.